RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
I've had the jack on the kickstand side and didn't jack it high enuff for the safety lock. Didn't know it had a leak and I went to get a tool and heard a crash. Turn around and it's sitting on top of my lawn mower. Custom paint job fixed that! LOL

I've also had it running in neutral on my driveway and put the kickstand down to get my helmet. As I was putting my helmet on, she rolled forward and off her kickstand. I was on the kickstand side and it sandwiched me between the Warrior and my truck. Luckily, I was able to lift it up with no damage.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
If you absolutely have to jump start a cold, dead warrior by yourself and you only have truck cables that wont fit on the battery... put the jumper cable (+) on the starter terminal but MAKE SURE its in neutral and not yet hooked up on the power source!! needless to say I ended up getting the left hook to the side of the face from the handlebar when the wheel went straight...

Yes, i definitely deserved it and thankfully it didnt start right away nor did it make it far enough to over-run the kickstand and land on top of me. Original Yuasa battery mysteriously crapped out on me during a road trip.... eh

·
Registered
157 Posts
Don't over tighten exhaust bolts on the head. :) not the easiest to get out after, and you really do not want to damage the engine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you just bought your warrior, there is something called a "dry break" under the seat. When this clicks a little bit loose, fuel may or may not enter the reserve tank, and your fuel light may come on prematurely. This cannot be ignored even though you know you have gas in the tank because it ain't getting to the engine anymore.

If you are on a 100 mile trip with a new group of guys, and you are in West Texas with 15 miles to the nearest building either direction, and you got gas 15 miles ago but the light came on 2 miles later, and you ignore it, you may "run out of gas" and coast to the side of the road. If you didn't know what a dry break was prior to this moment, and you are in West Texas in the middle of nowhere, you may not have cell service to look at this wonderful forum.

As you realize there must be an issue with the fuel line, you may realize you should have brought some tools with you on your new (used) bike. When you decide to take the tank off to look underneath it, you may strip the bolts on the tank using a crappy tool that someone loans you (and also break their tool). After calling for a friend to bring a trailer 1 hour drive one way, you may start "fiddling" with everything on the gas line because why the **** not. At this point you will find what is called the "dry break". Upon pressing down on it (cause why not?), you will hear your reserve tank fill with gas and your bike will be "fixed".

For anyone reading this with a new bike, push down on the dry break prior to stripping the bolts on the gas tank. Also, when you get weird premature fuel warnings, check the dry break at the gas station you pulled over to when you saw the odd gas light come on.

If you fail in all of the above, hopefully you are at least riding with a bunch of nice guys and girls. Unfortunately, they may all be on harleys that are not on the side of the road seemingly disabled, and one of them might even tell you "Should have bought a Harley", to which you can't say much...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thde only problem with shutting it off in first gear is I get a drain on battery until I turn key on and pop it out of gear then shut off I thank it may have something to do with the led lights installed,

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thde only problem with shutting it off in first gear is I get a drain on battery until I turn key on and pop it out of gear then shut off I thank it may have something to do with the led lights installed,
Do you also get a clicking noise? That's the COD. you may have read about (click of death). It's the ECU discharging through the decompression solenoid. It IS caused by the LED lights. The normal discharge path through the incandescent bulbs has been removed. Installing a resistor or bulb somewhere hidden (like behind the headlight) will restore that path and fix your problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Always remember to remove the key from the side cover seat release before throwing a leg over the seat.. (so happy I didn't break it off or bend it!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also, if you are ever riding 2up, your wife behind you (holding the 40#bag of dog food that she bought because she forgot we were on the bike) and a cage pulls out in front of you.... it is NOT a good idea to pull in clutch blip gas hard (loud pipes) and then pop clutch mid blip. Forgot I was in 1st gear... the rear tire hooked, the front Tire went airborne, the wife punched me in the back of the helmet and I was pleasantly surprised at my first Warrior Wheelie! (She held on to the dog food too!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
PeterSik..... I think I'll keep 'em both for a while! :) at least til I get bored or one of them let's me down.. anyone wanna place bets on which one??? Hahaha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Also for the group here... let me add to the comedy a little.

If you are having an electrical issue and something isn't working...

CHECK YOUR FUSES FIRST!
I spent the better part of last season chasing down an issue until I brute forced it into submission only to be given a smack on the back of the head by Alanh and Arizonawarrior and found my fuse was blown.
Sometimes it's the simplest things that we overlook.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is a good one

The day I got my bike......I repeat...the day I got my bike I put my first dent in it. I loaded it into the back of my truck and made it all the way home. My truck was lowered so all I had to do was back into the ditch to the road and unload it. I didn't have anyone there to help me at the time so I just jumped on the bike to undo the straps. Well..... one of the straps let go first and threw the bike on its side right onto the bedside. I was furious. It was in immaculate shape before this. Lesson learned, wait for help.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts