RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the current poll expires, I would be interested in seeing it done again, but with some changes to the categories. Maybe organize it around Performance, Safety, and Cosmetics. Reason I say that, is because we are seeing this site pull lots of new members, and probably a fair number of younger riders who could benefit from the knowledge of the more experienced folks.

When I was young, I learned at the day cross from the older guys, but not everyone today has that kind of opportunity. How many of our friends on rswarrior.com have ever had a conversation about counter-steering, or have ever been exposed to front braking with a single finger that never leaves the control, and clutching with two fingers, that never leave that lever?

I'm plain curious how many folks go strait for the exhaust pipe and bypass the steel brakes and longer mirror stalks (safety). I'm yappin now, cause I just got around this month to fixing my mirrors after riding all season last year with those **** stock jobbers.

Maybe we should consider asking CarKnee for a new major topic on the site, dedicated to rider education where we ASK an experienced rider to contribute a small column every other week or so, that would benefit all the new folks?

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Personally I refer to MCN (motor cycle consumer news) for any saftey tips, etc. I would highly recommend that to anyone on this forum. The price is expensive, but as a resource its invaluable. Got bike in Dec. 01, 1st mod... Chop the mud flap and shave the rear turnsignals. Still have that mod on my bike today. Turnsignals are built into the lisence plate braket. Bars came next then a new exhaust. Pipes weren't an option until February and the bars were spec'd for a Road Star.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I had ordered a bunch of parts all at once. PCIII, Pipes, Yammi chrome parts, mirrors, and PCS lowering kit. The PCS kit arrived in 3 days...so that was the first thing installed. So my answer to the
poll question could have gone either way..it all depended on
ship times and inventory location.
Pursuvant, maybe there should be a "safety tip of the week".
I personally want to take Sangathor's Road art 101 Class.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts