RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent a letter to Cruiser magazine and ask for some help from them to get Yamaha to do the right thing.Told them what was going on and ask if it was their bikes would they like the treatment we are getting?Maybe if enought people ask they might do a report on it and a follow up to say if Yamaha is standing behind their machines. They may not do a thing but it was worth a try.[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
339 Posts
You might be able to write something to "The Horse" as well. It's a chopper magazine primarily but they love bashing companies. My guess is it would get published. Not one of the bigger magazines but publicity is publicity.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
YES, PLEASE, LET'S ALL WRITE SO THAT WE CAN FURTHER DEPRECIATE THE VALUE OF OUR BIKES BY HAVING THE ENTIRE WORLD THINK THAT THE BIKE ISN'T WORTHY AND THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT WON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

Come on guys, let's not jump just to see if we can make China move on the other side of the planet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
address for editor, [email protected]. I plan to send a follow up to her. I have found having been in disagreement before that businesses don't like newspapers or mags asking questions they don't have answers for. We will just have to keep trying untill[B)] we find a weak spot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bartender,If your afraid then don't write, don't send info to any one, stay in your house with the doors locked and closed and maybe the boogy man won't hurt you!!!!I'm not trying to move China just yamaha. Baron products already has the recall posted on their site and it's out there already.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hey Sammy, No Flame here guy, but our bikes will be devalued if we don't get this recall done right. I think I understand your concerns, but the way Yamaha is pulling of this recall is bad business for all of us . . . the bike owners, the dealers, and the mechanics. The only winner, by letting things stand the way they are, is YAMAHA INTERNATIONAL.

Peace.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
So far I have had great response from my dealer and Yami providing S* parts and my recall kit. Today my bike went on the lift to start the recall and install. I could never get enough $$ due to all the upgrades I have added so depreciating my bike is not that important right now and I intend to keep it for a while. Besides, when the world knows about what is going on, who is going to by a used 2002-2003 RSW from one of us?

Mfordyce, more power to you if you get something moving. If I have problems with my bike in the future and am not happy with the treatment and response from Yami I might be your biggest fan and want to be included in your cause. But for now I am just watching all these letter, class action, phone calls etc. topics from unhappy members.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
LMAO Paul, Like Joe said I'm keeping mine too and could care less of trade or resale value, I don't buy a bike with that in the back of my mind. Worded carefuly though this is a good idea but it won't make things happen much faster, so I'll sit back and hang in there. Look foward to seeing you guys get published.

·
Registered
207 Posts
quote:Originally posted by BartenderSammy

YES, PLEASE, LET'S ALL WRITE SO THAT WE CAN FURTHER DEPRECIATE THE VALUE OF OUR BIKES BY HAVING THE ENTIRE WORLD THINK THAT THE BIKE ISN'T WORTHY AND THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT WON'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT.

Come on guys, let's not jump just to see if we can make China move on the other side of the planet.

I agree with Sammy!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by Spear Warrior

Hey Sammy, No Flame here guy, but our bikes will be devalued if we don't get this recall done right.

This is not a flame to any 1 person, just my .02 worth.

Come on....Who says it's not going to be done right. When I say done right I'm talking about actually doing the rebuild. Who gives a crap about the rest of the BS that some people care about. Getting parts, money, extended warranty, letter of apology......LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wrote my letter to Cruiser Magazine, and encourage you to do the same. They will address the issue and corner Yamaha to give a fuller response. I'm sure Cruiser will also express their opinion as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After reading some,(not all), of the posts on this subject, I felt like it was time to put in my $.02. Basically, I think the majority of the dealers are doing all they can to satisfy us, and it's Yamaha themselves who have the 'manjana attitude'. Based on my personal experience, Yamaha doesn't give a rat's a$$ how we "feel" about the current situation. If they did, they probably would have let us know about it in a more timely fashion and be doing more,(parts availability), to rectify the deficit. I found out about it on this forum in January, after the initial recall came out in September. It takes five months to notify an owner of a potentially dangerous condition on their motor vehicle? After reading about it here, I contacted my dealer then called Yamaha. The Yamaha CS rep said my letter was already mailed out, but I still haden't received it two weeks later. It finally showed up on Jan. 30, and dated Jan. 9. Some coincidence. The dealer ordered my parts a month ago and was told they'd be here in two weeks. Since then, he's caled for delivery dates every week and gets, "They're two weeks out." Yesterday he checked and got "no estimated delivery".
This isn't the first time we've had an issue with this bike. Remember the front brake issue?? How many of us were told there was no problem. Kind of like the infamous V-Max head shake issue. I was also involved in that one. Yamaha still hasn't admitted there was ever a problem with the shake/wobble complaint on the 'Max. History repeats itself??
I think it's time we all got together and bared our teeth, collectively. Some of us are owners who are content with Yamaha's effort, some are only concerned with resale value, some are middle of the road, and some are really pi$$ed off. Whatever your persuasion is, remember we can hang together or hang separately. Thirty thousand plus involved vehicles should equal thirty thousand plus responses. If you don't have the time, MAKE the time. It's your bike and your $$. Every owner of this vehicle should be calling Yamaha CS and bitchin'. Every owner of this vehicle should be complaining to the NHTSA, every owner of this vehicle should be at least checking out the class action lawsuit, etc., etc. Never forget there's strength in numbers. If we want this resolved in a timely, fair fashion, we have to come together, a small percentage of us clamoring at the gates won't get it done. Spear Warrior has posted some good contact information, USE IT.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Mfordyce (and this isn't a flame, so don't take it as one) - when your post total hits at least 100 and your member number somehow drops below 500, then you can question me on whether or not I am "scared" and need to say in my house with the doors locked.

GOOD GOD MAN. We all think Yamaha is handling this improperly - but the reality is that they probably don't know what to do. If they say, "Warriors aren't affected, don't worry about it" and a Warrior transimssion locks up a year from now, Yamaha gets sued and will most likely lose for not "including a related vehicle" in the recall. If Yamaha says, "we don't know if the Warrior tranny's are defective, let's not recall them"...same scenario. If they say, "not sure they are included, but we want to protect ourselves AND YOU, so they are included"...not much else they could REALLY do. But noone seems to be happy with that either. We would all be screaming if we lost a Warrior brother or sister due to a locked up tranny and then found out that Yamaha had recalled the R*'s and not the Warriors. So, now we are on the other side of the coin and aren't really happy about that either.

And by the way, what EXACTLY do you expect the magazine to do? Write a story on it?? Talk about the crappy Yamaha service we are getting??? Maybe mention something like a "deadtrap tranny" or something like that???? All I am asking is the same thing that Jimboman and some others have asked - what do you want the END result to be? What are you looking to get? Money? An apology? And what are you willing to risk or sacrifice to get there? A negative write-up on our bikes in a national magazine?

A couple of facts:
1. We are ALL ticked about this - mine is included, and I don't have a shop I trust to take it to, so mine sits in my garage.
2. No MATTER WHAT - the engine case is being cracked...writing a letter doesn't change that. No matter WHAT happens, the engine gets cracked and the value takes a hit (theoretically)...so no amount of letter writing and calling will ever have ANY affect on that - even if CruiserMag or someone else gets Yamaha to give us all a $200 credit towards purchases...it still doesn't change the effect it will have on our bikes. Unless I am mistaken, noone has found a way yet to put pressure on Yamaha to have the recall done WITHOUT cracking the engine open. Solve that, and I will not only support you - I will pay the legal tab.
3. If you still think that calling every newspaper and magazine in the world will actually help decrease the negative affect of the value of your bike....please read number 2 again.

No offense to anyone reading - and those who know me know that I don't like controversy and don't try to antagonize. I just don't know what it is that some people want out of this. And please don't reply with "we want Yamaha to step up to the plate and do what's right". What the **** does that mean? And who'se definition of right are we using today.

Again, sorry to have offended.
Rubber side down.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well said Sammy. Writing to motorcycle mags, etc., isn't going to do any of us any good. It will only hurt us.

Am I the only one, with the exception of Sammy and a few others, that understand just how **** slow huge, global, corporations are to get anything done? Their not your mom and pop store on the corner you know. We should be greatful that they are fixing a problem that has any potential of killing someone.

Do I wish they had told us that our warrior gears were machined right and not to worry? Yes. Am I pissed that this whole mess is an issue? Yes. Do I expect them to do anything but fix the problem that may kill me? No. I'm I glad their going to fix the problem? Yes. Do I wish the kits were here? Yes.

Not to get philosophical about the whole thing, but there are more important things in this life than a freak'n motorcycle. You know like family and being alive to raise your family, and if you don't have a family, then just to live.

I'm riding mine until I take it in and that's my decision, but it's winter here and so the days are numbered. If you feel like your flushing money down the drain for cycle payments and insurance because you've made the choice not to ride then go get your bike from the dealer and ride. They can't keep you from taking it you know, just go get it.

I've had a new Sony DVD player and a new Denon tape player go bad on me. I sent them back to both companies for repair. Did they go back on some assembly line to get fixed? No, they went back to some tech's work bench and they went through the units by hand and tested the units by hand and fixed the units by hand and then sent them back to me repaired. Those 2 pieces of electronics now work better than than the day I bought them because one person took the time to make sure everything was fixed right. The controls work smoother and their quieter than new. Do I think my warrior will be better than new because my tech took the time to do it right? Yes. Time will tell.

Do you think that your dealer will fix your rsw and then close up shop and leave? In my opinion, you will know before the 90 day warrenty is up that the tech didn't fix it right. If there is a problem, then take it back until it's done right.

Knowing the history of every motorcycle manufacturer, the recalls, and problems they've all had is why I bought 5 years of extended warrenty. Am I glad I spent the extra $500 for it? **** yes! and this recall is why. If it's not done right they get to see my ugly face for 5 years till it is.

Suck it up! This will not be the last recall you see in your lifetime.

FF

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I never look at a Ford ExploDer... er... ExploRer the same as I used to. All the press that issue got kept me the **** away from Ford products. Crown Vics, Pintos, same old (showing my age). Shine a lot of light on this issue and all you'll get at the next red light from some Harley boy is a sinister snicker, i.e. "You should have bought a Harley Boy." Lay low - your dealer will make things right. I have a dealer I am confident with. Maybe some folks should find one similar. The #1 guy there in service dept. owns a 2003 Roadstar, about to be de-boned under this recall. He's in the same boat we're in and he's not worried one bit. Hang in --- Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bartender Sammy, My response was for a perceived slam,if that was not the case I can only say sorry. My idea is that Yamaha is going about business as they always do and not caring about us or new buyers. I bought this bike 30 days ago and now it's a piece of metal art unless I want to push it up and down the street myself. I want others to know before buying that there is a problem so they are informed Before buying like I did. I have been riding street bikes for almost 35 years so this is not my first time down the road. We as owners will have the greatest effect on how the bikes retain there value. You don't see H.D.'s selling for cheap even if they are re-built. We own better made bikes we should not be giving them away no matter what. I hope that Yamaha will put out an add saying that yes there was a problem but we are repairing the problem and stand behind our bikes. Also cover us longer once the work is done. Do this by slowing down new bike sales. Then if they[yamaha] do something it will be printed by the mag that they did, if not we keep up the info going out so our brother and sister riders don't have to go through what we are. We decide how our bikes will be looked at by how we sell them and how we present them to other riders. I can't believe just because it's a H.D. that some how that makes their mechanics and shops better at working on bikes than Yamaha's shop. Treat our Warrior's like the limited production top products they are re-build or not. Thank you for the reply, Ride Safe

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi Sammy. Man, you are raising a VERY legitimate question. Paraphrasing, you asked: "what is it that people want out of this {recall}?

Here is what I want.

*I want my engine repaired quickly.

*I want my engine assembled by a highly qualified mechanic who will take the time to do it right.

*I want a parts and labor warranty on my ENTIRE engine for an extended period of time; say, 12,000 miles, unlimited time.

*I want compensation for having to wait. Okay, let me explain my reasoning behind this one. First, the recall has been out since 8/22/2003. I was never notified. So I rode my bike "at risk" without knowing it for about four or five months. Second, I am now having to wait on the parts and I cannot ride. Yet I am still making a monthly payment and an insurance payment. I am still buying a license plate every year. So, I would like some off-setting compensation; either parts or future service or cash. How much? How about the pro-rata amount of loan payments, insurance payments, taxes, etc. that I have paid or will pay from the time of the recall to the time the repair is finished? Please understand, I'm not trying to gouge Yamaha, I'm trying to get back some of the value that I have lost and that I WILL LOSE.

THAT is what I want. Some may say I want too much. Some may say I'll never get it. Maybe, maybe not. If I don't TRY to get what I perceive is "fair treatment," one thing is for sure: I will NOT GET IT!

No offense taken Sammy and none meant. But you asked and that is my answer.

Gary

1 - 20 of 22 Posts