RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
finallyfree, I STRONGLY disagree with your position, but I respect your right to it. So, no flame here, but serious disagreement.
quote:Originally posted by finallyfree

... We should be greatful that they are fixing a problem that has any potential of killing someone.[/i]

Please, you've got to be kidding. I should be GRATEFUL that they are fixing the problem that THEY CREATED and that problem can KILL ME? LOL, yeah, I'm SO flippin' grateful for THAT!
quote:
Not to get philosophical about the whole thing, but there are more important things in this life than a freak'n motorcycle. You know like family and being alive to raise your family, and if you don't have a family, then just to live.

Please refer back to my previous comment. I AM concerned about being around for my family. That's why I'm not riding my bike now - - because I don't KNOW if it is going to lock up at 70 mph or not. Oh yeah, even if I'm the world's best rider and I control the skid, what about the moron behind me who is in their SUV, smoking a cigarette, drinking a cup of coffee, and talking on their cell phone? Will he stop in time and not run over my butt? Very doubtful, I say.

To me, this recall issue has become more than just getting my bike fixed. I know I'm not going to change your mind; I'm not trying to do that. But I intend to stand up for myself and what is RIGHT. The way that Yamaha is treating me is NOT RIGHT. Maybe it's right for you, but it ain't for me.
quote:
I've had a new Sony DVD player and a new Denon tape player go bad on me. I sent them back to both companies for repair. Did they go back on some assembly line to get fixed? No, they went back to some tech's work bench and they went through the units by hand and tested the units by hand and fixed the units by hand and then sent them back to me repaired. Those 2 pieces of electronics now work better than than the day I bought them because one person took the time to make sure everything was fixed right. The controls work smoother and their quieter than new. Do I think my warrior will be better than new because my tech took the time to do it right? Yes. Time will tell.

Life and death do not usually hinge on the performance of a DVD player. If the engine locks up, it might very well kill the rider, their passenger, or an innocent bystander or fellow motorist. If the Recall Repaired engine malfunctions, it too could cause the rider's death. Furthermore, not all Yamaha dealers' mechanics are going to be so well trained and meticulous as you seem to infer.
quote:
Do you think that your dealer will fix your rsw and then close up shop and leave? In my opinion, you will know before the 90 day warrenty is up that the tech didn't fix it right. If there is a problem, then take it back until it's done right.

Great, that's just what I'm looking forward to doing: going back to the shop and arguing about who is going to pay for fixing it. No thank you, I'd rather argue about it NOW.
quote:
Knowing the history of every motorcycle manufacturer, the recalls, and problems they've all had is why I bought 5 years of extended warrenty. Am I glad I spent the extra $500 for it? **** yes! and this recall is why. If it's not done right they get to see my ugly face for 5 years till it is.

Again, I don't have the time to keep visiting the dealer, hoping they'll "make it right." Furthermore, I bought Yamaha not only because of the design of their product, but because of their reputation as a high-quality manufacturer that would stand behind their product. Oooops, guessed wrong on THAT one, didn't I???
quote:
Suck it up! This will not be the last recall you see in your lifetime.

Suck it up? Again, no, but thank you anyway. I'd rather punch Yamaha's lights out than "suck it up."[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!] For all who want to bend over backwards for Yamaha and be "grateful" for their MAGNANIMOUS offer, go for it!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.