RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I asked is because I got a response back from them yesterday in response to my letter. It just states that they want me to contact them via phone so we can more rapidly reach an appropriate resolution. Hey! Maybe they'll offer me a die-cast collectible Warrior to use while mine is down for the recall. Maybe I'll get a free poster. Maybe I'll just get a sincere apology for any problems associated with their product and thank you for choosing Yamaha. Maybe.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My letter went out on Jan 29th. They're just south of me so it probably got there in two or three days. I'll keep you posted on what transpires. I'll call them on Monday to see if they're open for business. I didn't think I would actually get that kind of response. I guess I need to start thinking about what I might consider an appropriate resolution. Honestly all I want is for them to get off their butts and get "all of us" some quality parts sooner than later.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey i got my reply letter today and it sounds just like yours. it said that they had tried to call me already , not... and they want to talk on phone to find a solution.i'll pm you after i speak to someone.do the same if you talk to anyone. thanks gkeen

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, well I just got off the phone with Yamaha. Just what I expected. Sorry for any problems this may have caused you and thank you for choosing Yamaha. They did say they would extend my warranty for the amount of down time I experience. I'm touched by their generosity. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

I brought up the Lemon Law issue. He said "We would hate to lose you as a customer, but you gotta go what you gotta do". He said parts are not scheduled to ship until the first of March, and that's still a maybe. He also stated that the Lemon law does not affect a vehicle under a recall. He said it's because the vehicle is out of service waiting for parts, and not because they are unable or unwilling to fix the problem. Don't know if that is true.

Too bad they had to waist my time by asking me to call in instead of putting that down in the response letter. Buttwipe!

·
Registered
589 Posts
All I have to say is THIS SH*T PISSES ME THE F**K OFF!!!

Now instead of going to Daytona and riding as much and as hard as possible, I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT MY REAR TIRE LOCKING UP!!!!!!! But hey, I should just forget about it because Yamaha is doing everything they can right... Sorry for yelling, but I needed to vent a little.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had a call back from CR. No specific offers. No committments. Lots of 'mea culpas' and sorrys. I think if we all press for different levels of compensation, something will happen. "loss of use, loss of value" are key phrases. I'm not out to hammer Yamaha, but this is a sensitive issue as all our bikes sit, unridden, with the prospect of being 're-builts'. We all know that some value has to be lost. Pound that point home to Yamaha. I think I got a personal response because they recognize how serious I am about persuing this to the end.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I don't think I can say this enough. Write letters. Make phone calls.

If the politicians in Washington can change their minds, so can Yamaha. Fatcats respond to political pressure, `cause in the end, it affects their pocketbooks.

Just do it.

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
I don't write a letter to Yamaha and haven't received a recall notice too. But I went to the only authorized dealer Yamaha here (it brings the bikes direct from Japan)and ask them for my replacement kit. That was on Saturday the 14,04 and they give me a job order. I will post when those parts will arrive and when they want the bike for doing the job. Good Luck!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I know I've been one to say that I'm going to ride thru this but the longer it takes to get the repair parts the more agitation I feel. After reading the post of this thread I had an idea... as the Yammi response seems to be "we are so very sorry". It may be fast approaching the time to call on the "media machine". I wonder how fast Yammi would move if there was national news coverage about the recall and the poor preparation for delivering the parts into the channel. Bet it would leave 2 blackeyes and seriously impact their sales. Unfortunately it would also affect us the owners of the product negatively. Yeah it all kinda sux.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts