RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else been sending letters to cycle world, motorcyclist, etc.? the best way to force yamaha to be responsive is to publicly embarass them to the point where they fear losing new business.

i read most of the mags cover-to-cover and have yet to see any coverage at all of this situation - which is not acceptable considering yamaha's truly awful handling of the situation.

to let the editors at motorcyclist know how you feel about yamaha's handling of this problem, use the info below (from the magazine masthead):

phone: 323-782-2230
fax: 323-782-2372
email: [email protected]

·
Registered
298 Posts
This is just my opinion and I'm not trying to flame you. But, I'm glad there hasn't been anything written about this. The last thing I want is there to be an article about how dangerous and unreliable our bike is. Especially since I don't believe that to be true. I can't imagine that an article would help resale any. I do think there is more that Yamaha could be doing, but I am happy with what we are getting so far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i agree - the message shouldn't be that the bikes are dangerous and unreliable - recalls happen all the time and the fact that there was one isn't an issue.

the issues to me are the lack of communication on this subject from yamaha (take a look at how many conflicting opinions of yamaha's progress/position are posted here) and the fact that a bike most of us paid over 10 grand for will soon be running on a rebuilt engine w/essentially no warranty.

i'm just not sure what yamaha has given us so far - i just want my bike fixed and to have some assurance that that fix isn't going to blow up in a year.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Concur. Last thing I need is some jackass on a Sporty pulling up next to me at a red light asking, "hasn't that thing locked up yet?"

Sssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhh!

This will all go away soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This has aready been covered, If you search you will find the locked thread on this very thing. And as I said in that thread, we decide what the bikes will be worth by how we sell them and how we that want to keep them act. HD's get rebuilt every day and they don't go down in price. If you ack like they are not worth what you paid for them then that's what you will get out of them.Cruiser mag knows about the recall and has been looking into it. Here in Phoenix people have already gone to the TV stations and it's been reported on air. You can't and should not hind this, recall's are done all the time. A guy up the street had his V-Rod re-called and HD pulled the entire motor out and replaced it due to problems. You have one of the best bikes ever built, present it as such and if the guys on the HD's say anything remind them that HD was owned by AMF at one time and that better than half to 3/4 of the parts on their bikes are produced out side the US. Ride Safe and have fun. By the way there was no Flames implyed here directly or indirectly.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Preacherman, It's called C.Y.A. They don't want us riding cause there is a one in 80 million chance that one of these trannies might lock up. And it's cheaper for them to recall and fix all of our bikes then to pay just one of us our $800 million for a lawsuit should our number hit. I am finally accepting the recall now and am eagerly awaiting my bike back. I just wanna ride again! My dealership has some pretty top notch mechanics working there and they build race bikes for our local drag races. So hopefully my bike is in good hands.

With all that said, Yamaha Corp.'s management skills still blows.

·
Registered
63 Posts
CYA is not the reason. The feds got involved and made them execute the recall. I understand that Yamaha is between a rock and a hard place with the NHTSA mandate, but that's no reason to leave us brand-loyal guys that bleed Yamaha blue out in the cold. How about a little communication. How about, "sorry, we value your business, and to demonstrate our committment to customer loyalty we will be providing you...................". But no, nothing but dead silence coming out of the Yamaha brass. Maybe they're too busy dividing up last year's profits as their corporate tax year comes to a close on March 15. There's certainly no sense in minimizing their own bonus pool with nasty expenses related to appeasing customers they've been jerking around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts