RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying the Yamaha fender eliminator kit soon. I will not be using stock plate light, so I will need to buy an LED plate frame. I really like the black Radiantz LED Plate frame, but here is my problem.

On the Radiantz web site it does not give deminsions for the frame. Minnesota has just came out with newly styled license plates and since I bought my bike this year I was able to get one. I'm not positive, but I think they are smaller than the previous style. I had an old style plate on my CBR, and the plate was too big to fit any conventional frame properly. So if anybody has a Radiantz frame I would like to know the deminsions of your plate. Mine is 7" x 4" exactly.

Furthermore, if you are in minnesota and have an old style plate I would like to know the size of it, so I can confirm my suspicion that the new plate is smaller. And just out of curiousity, if you are in a different state other than Minnesota, what size is your plate? You'd think they'd all be universal.

If your from outside the united states don't even bother. I've seen all of your god ugly huge plates. Do people overseas have horrible eyesight or something?

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
Give me the dimensions from the middle of the bolt holes on the plate just to make sure they align with the Radiantz Frame

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
My plate is 7x4 (outside plate measurement) and it fits the radiantz just fine...

Bolt spacing is about2 7/8 x 5 6/8...... not exactly but close enough...

I think this is a U.S. standard motorcycle plate size...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
siradude said:
Give me the dimensions from the middle of the bolt holes on the plate just to make sure they align with the Radiantz Frame

The dimensions from bolt hole to bolt hole are as follows

Horizontal 5 3/4"

Vertical 2 3/4"

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
I used the :

(8201-52) I 6 Complete Motorcycle Chrome 6" LED License Plate Frame License plate

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the black frame mounted on a bike? Also how easy/hard was the instalation.

·
Premium Member
2,988 Posts
The installation is very simple.... you just need to splice into the original plate's light power source... and then just screw the plate with frame to its place...

Now the fender eliminator takes a little longer (maybe 15-20 minutes) it's all basically plug and go...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is my version or rear cleanup.

Custom LED Integrated Tail light and Radiantz LED License Plate Frame. Lights up really bright and looks really nice. I will take some pics during the daylight for better visibility

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
I installed the Yamaha fender kit and the custom led integrated tail light as well but I didn't use any sort of a license plate frame at all, just bolted the plate to the bottom of the fender bracket. the taillight seems plenty bright enough to light up the plate, not sure if it's legal but that's that option as well. So far no problems with the police and it being like that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts