RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok another thread perhaps - List 3 things to look out for when you 'buy and first time ride a Warrior' - it got me thinking when one guy was advised to shut off the fuel valve recently! -this could be sound advice for any bike, but the warrior in particular - not stuff a new owner would find in the manual straight off - it maybe that the list will become a welcome list for new owners hence me starting it here - anythoughts guys?

my no.1 when buying - find out 'somehow' what oil is in it already - and 'type' is it natural - semi synthetic - fully synthetic - plenty of advice on the forum about when to change typeof oil, but myreading is don't mix the types unless it's an emergency - how many of us have bought the bike and when you come to top her up, don't know what's in it already [hands up - got mine up
]

my no.2 when buying and riding - only when bikes warm do you check the oil level and neveroverfill or you'll be risking a gasket leak at the very least [recent threads prove that one]

my no.3 don't neglect the battery - try and find out how old it is they only last 2 to 4 yrs max - note the product code [so you can check here for it's details-fit-power etc] and while you're their vasaline those terminals and clean the top as dirt always the power to trickle away

i'm sure the gurus will have better advice..................?

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
For new Riders, and new Warrior owners, same.

1. Have fun riding sober, and pay attention so we don'tget to know them only toattend their stinking hospital stay or funeral.

2. Have fun and always be alert to vehicles approaching from the rear, especiallywhen stopping or already stopped at asignal or stop sign. Leave the bike in gear and watch the mirrors ready to go if someone fails to stop.

3. Have fun because the bike is very capable of high speed maneuvers and stops, but most riders don't keep their skills fresh (myself included) so now-and-again find a safe practice spot and get reacquainted withthe bike's power and handling potentials, it will very likelysave your skin one day.

4. Have fun.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
timoken said:
1) take care in rain

ok, i've not had the warrior out in a downpour yet
[only got her in june and i don't need to ride in the wet on purpose anymore] but are you guys saying the warrior is 'lively' in the rain? - i had a test ride onan earlyrocket in the rain,and that was 'dead lively' at the back end in the rain,
being as gentle as i could on that throtle - i understand quitea few uk rocket riders changed there minds when it got wet! [and we know just how wet it can get here plus a nice diesel mix makes it even more butt clenching] - the 1200 bandit was adream machinein the rain

...and i was trained not to 'hang on tight' in the rain
'Give the r*ddy front end a chance to do it's job man!!' still rings in my ears

by the way timoken - thanks for the intro to volbeat!the great vid to sad man's tongue is played often here
regards tom ba

·
Registered
926 Posts
1. Read the manual before you drain anything and be careful to not strip the bolts.

2. Break it in hard.

3. Learn how to graciously accept compliments on your bike.

·
Registered
208 Posts
+1 park ranger. i just made a $100 donation to foot hills parkway for being tagged by radar at 63mph and realizing there is a cop behind me at 120mph. he was actually pretty cool obiously due to me not paying bail.

·
Registered
152 Posts
For those buying used...

1. Know what mods have been done (-AIS, BAK, pipes/PCIII, etc..)...consider these in particular 'cause if they haven't been done you'll be doing them

2. Know what recalls have / have not been done

3. Get rid of the stupid 17mm drain bolt on left front side and replace with a smaller bolt head if you'll be changing your own oil

3a. Save your $$ for winter mods

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
another one
- carry a 'warrior turkey-baster delux' under your seat [while there's still room] - anyone got that part no.? - then look on the forum to see what you can do with it! - [does relate to my 1st post honest
]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts