RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting this thread and hoping it doesn't get clamped down because if there was any valuable information for me on this site, answers I recieve here would beat them all. If you are getting additional work done with the recall, tell us all what the additional labor is costing. Please keep it to the point and let's not wander off on trivial postings. I can't place this in any existing thread and hope to have anybody see it inside there. If this was my site, I'd make this sticky so that it appears everytime somebody opens up the forum for the next six months but it's not, so I can't. I want to go hog wild on my bike when it's open but I don't want to get reamed when I do. Without information from the rest of you, I'm at the mercy of my shop. To the moderators, please cut me some slack here, this isn't something that happens everyday and nothing like this will ever happen again in here. We'll get back to the normal semi useful banter soon enough.
So, who's getting additional work done and what's it costing you in labor?

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
My shop manager in Tallahassee Fl. said today thay would put my 108 Kit from Patrick in No charge!!!!!! Im going to slip the wrench a $100.00 bill as a tip and ask him to be extra carefull.

TRex[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Dark, when you say Jugs ? You are referring to pistons only yes??
I am asking cause I know alot are doing cylinder work as well

Kyle

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey Dennis , whats up ? I thought you were all jacked on this race guy. Now your worried he is gonna bend you over ????

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm doing the following:

high compression pistons (drop in)
new cams and adjustable lifters
new lifter tubes
new valve springs
head ported and valve job
new exhaust
new air kit
new computer (PC III)

From a dealer standpoint, I'll be charged an additional $100 for installing all of that. All other labor is covered by the recall.

The head work, of course, is a labor charge, but, not by the dealer; this is a machinist item.

Patrick

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was looking at three options:
(1) speed star pistons only ($325)....labor 1 hr ($60) extra (on top of recall)[total=$385]
(2) speed star (a) pistons, (b) cams, (c) valve springs, & (d) clutch spring (total $1000).........$350 labor (on top of recall)[total=$1350]
(3) complete speed star kit (without pipe)installed [total=$3200]
What do you guys think?? I was leaning toward option #2. From what I have read, the cost of option #3 is way high, especially without the pipe. I would be expecting 4-6hp with the pistons only, and 10-15 with options #2 or #3. Is this reasonable, what do you think is the best choice?

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by mxgod630

Hey Dennis , whats up ? I thought you were all jacked on this race guy. Now your worried he is gonna bend you over ????

The guy is good but I wouldn't buy false teeth from my mother without having a clue to the going rate. That about says it all

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yamaha HC pistons, cams, valves, clutch spring - parts retail at 1066.80 - negotiating, have 10% off right now, was hoping for 15%.

Labor 1 to 1.5 hours @ $60/hour on top of warranty, figuring $100. The labor was free until I got to the valve train.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey Dennis , You don't Mind If I steal that line do you ? False Teeth , LoL...Yep . Jugs have = cylinders for as far back as I can remember ...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Why hone the cylinder's.
They should be fine since there was no engine failure.
Unless you talking about matching them to a pair of pistons. And I know for me that's not going to happen

Kyle

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
You don't want to hone the cylinders. They are coated and honing them would remove this. Honestly I thought at one time this would be neccessary because a HD guy got a look at my cylinders and said the same thing, HD's have sleeved cylinders though and ours are aluminum all the way through. Stripping that coating would be a very bad thing to do. I'd bet 100.00 that Washingtonwarriors cylinders look as fresh as mine did at 6000 miles. The new rings are a necessity though.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I had axed this once before without reply, on the 108 big bore kit ,is it a fairly direct swap at time of recall or does it involve sending things out and more in shop down time ? thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts