RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by the dealer today to see Jeff and I noticed the warrior they had on the floor wasn't there. I asked if somebody had bought it and they said no, it's in the back. I looked in the back and there it was, in all it's gloy, half way through the engine removal. When I asked if the kits were in, the mechanic told me that they got one in to put in the warrior on the floor. Apparently, the one that "might" sell is more important to yamaha than the other bikes that people already have. Yamaha sent only one kit to this dealer to do the one warrior that sits on the floor not sold. My mechanic said, yamaha was going to fix the one's not sold first. Kinda pisses me off a little. Not as bad since I can't ride yet anyway.

So if I were you guys, I'd contact your dealer and see if they got any in that were going on new bikes and demand them for yours. Especially you guys in the south that are able to ride.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Well I figured they would do that. I'll let them get up to speed on those, then I'll bring mine in. No way did I want to be 1st in line.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Ron,

I heard the same crapola from my local dealer; floor models get priority over existing customers. So, I wait. That said, the weather's been > 75 every day for the past 2 weeks. You know where I'll be...

It's a wonder why a CNC machine somewhere on the planet cannot be used for a couple of weeks to bang out a few thousand of these circlips.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
it's more than just a circlip that is being replaced, It's just the circlip that gets damaged from the fault gear dogs.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
You guys didn't catch my post earlier.

If there is a bike for sale at the dealer and it is need of the recall they are obligated to fix it first UNLESS there is a customers bike already at the shop, then they have to fix the customers bike first.

My bike was in for service for ERROR CODE 26, the bike was due to sit at the dealership for a week waiting on parts. A kit came in, they pulled my motor and are doing the recall because the bike was at the dealership. They have 2 on the floor for sale, neither one gets fixed this week. It also put me ahead of the list, BECAUSE the bike was in there possesion.

Nobody make like it, but that's how they interpeted the rules for the recall.

Hope this sheds some light.

GRUMPY is HAPPY!!!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Sounds like a lot guys are going to be dropping their bikes off to get the tires balanced or something BS like that. Rules are to be used to your advantage right.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Adjusted your title to be more descriptive per forum rules. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif] Just yesterday someone posted a thread with this exact same generic title.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/rules.asp#rulesid2

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
B.S. here too, my dealers have parts for the Roadies and are still fixing the customer bikes 1st. It may be up to the dealers but I would not be shocked to see this happening, either way I'm still burnin' rubber down here in this awesome Fl. weather.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My dealer is doing the same thing, they are actually putting them in there 02 floor model bikes first that have been sitting for a year now since i bought mine. Aint that some shiot!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
My cousin had this problem in Houston and went ballistic on the dealer. One week later his Roadstar was completed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was supprise my shop is the opposite...he said the one he's got on the floor he can't sell because it's the "LAST" one they will be doing. Said they have over a hundred to do.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stopped by again yesturday. Still working on the warrior. Getting ready to pull the motor out. I can see this won't be a 1 or 2 day job at my dealer. I think I will help him out and remove all I can and give him a naked bike.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Hi Ron,
You want not happy[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]. I'm not Happy about the Recall myself. I have no issue with folks ranting & raving about getting thier recall parts in, but......now I hear that my Warrior will be the 4th Warrior to get tranny recall done right after the 3 floor models they have sitting in the showroom. Just makes me want to "YELL" at some one. Another thing that boils my blood is what happen to the folks, and I know there are quite a few of us, that was part of the 1st wave of Original Warrior Owner's. I purchased my Warrior in the Fall/Winter 2001. Would you not think the older the Warrior the more reason to get the recall kit to the older model Warrior's was a priority of Yamaha[?] Just makes me wonder how serious the tranny recall really is. Or is this just a blanket recall to cover Yamaha's A$$[?]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dark,I gotta say ,your dealin with a crappy dealer,I was put at the top of the list on the recall for one real reason(buying two probably helped out also).I was the first to come to them with the news,(HUGE THANKS TO THIS SITE)when I picked up my finished bike,The owner showed me an 02 on the floor that he has sold but can't deliver because he is taking care of past customers first,AS IT SHOULD BE.If they can take care of my wifes ride like they did this one,I'll be thrilled.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
My Wrench at the dealer was as bull$hit as I was. Word came down from ownership to repair floor models first. I still would not take my Warrior to anyone else to wrench, unless of course they cam highly recommended. I will continue to ride till they are ready for me.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sucks Ed. Atleast I only have the one on the floor. But, my dealer won't even make a "list". When asked," what # am I on the list", they just looked at me funny and said we'll call ya when the kit comes in. The northeast sucks! I do agree with ya too about who had thier warriors the longest should mean something. I got mine spring, 02. You'd have to be #1 on the list with your purchase date.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts