RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moderators, Recently I came across a post that had the usual "please do a search" comment. But it was also locked. Isn't that a little excessive? No direction to another thread, just the terse request to do a search. Man, lets keep it friendly here. I think as a community, and a **** fine one, lets leave it up to us if we want to beat a topic to death, again. Its certainly no harm, right?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Most basic questions such as "What does error code 37 mean", "what oil should I run", "what is that clicking noise when I shut my bike down", etc... have been answered many times, and usually in great detail! Re-typing the same info over and over does get tedious.

It isnt the moderators job to search for the members and post a link. If they know it, then they will post it.

As for no harm... It can, and does, add an excesive amount of information in the database. This will slow down page load times, search times, etc...

However, I am starting to archive older threads. If a topic is archived then it can not be replied too. If this is the case then it is understandable to bring it up again if questions still remain.

Dont taking locking topics, or moving them, as being unfriendly. It is just part of running the site efficiently.

Thanks,
CarKnee

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In this case, the actual topic (sub-topic) has not really been covered that well. I know cuz I just searched on it recently. That's why I was dismayed that it was locked. I don't want to say which topic cuz I don't want the topic to matter. You da' boss around here and I appreciate what you do, so we can just leave it at that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts