RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a long local ride here in jacksonville about 750 bikes only 3 warriors might i ad , but anyways how many experience lower back pain after riding a while in stop and go traffic , mine is killin me , but could it have something to do w/ that fact i was towing a passenger ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have been on many a 200 to 300 mile scoot and not had any problems except my tail bone giving me a little pain. I am going to fix that problem in the next couple of weeks with the purchase of a dual tourer. This bike is definitely more comfortable than my ZX-7 was by far.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got the corbi touring , nice seat , no prob w/ my tail but maybe all the start stap start stop , up and down bridges , sometimes slow , and looking out for some of these people on vintage harleys who havent ridden since they where new , man there are some horrible riders way to dangerous to be in that big of a crowd

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
after replacing the seat & bars im good for all day rides. i also just ordered a brakeaway cruise control for added comfort. now all i need is my pillow & a blanki.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Sore butt yes! Back pain never. I'd change the seat but all the aftermarket stuff I've seen ruins the look of the bike, and the one's with backrests are just nasty (sorry guys, just my opinion). Maybe if I find one that uses the stock mounts I could put it on for hauling my wife, but I'd have to put the stocker back on for being seen in public.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I rode for 8hrs on a joy ride to Daytona Beach and back. I was fatigued but no back pain. Stock seat does numb the butt.
Chad
P.S. How did the passenger feel????

·
Registered
192 Posts
To keep the look of the bike and isn't that why you bought it, have the seat shaved. You sit on the stock seat like you would a horse. When you have it shaved it makes the seat flat so it's like sitting on a seat. There is a place in Daytona that does a lot of custom work. They shave the foam underneath and use the stock cover so the bike still looks good. Cost about $40 and takes a day or two.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My ongoing vote is for RickMayer seats. He takes your seat, uses the pan, and builds a seat to your physical specs. Designs the seat to your riding position and will make it in leather or vinyl. The leather ones can actually have a choice of colors. My vinyl one is costing $287 from an order at Daytona Bike week.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
1warrior, I just added the backrest to my YamaCorbin DT, makes a big difference in preventing lower back pain on long rides. Well worth it IMHO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts