RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what the part # for the 99-03 roadstar 31 tooth steel pulley is? i have used the search button and can only find part #'s for the aluminum pulley, i called hamilton motor sports and the parts guy cant seem to figure out how many teeth are on the one he's showing . he gave me part # 4wm-17651-00-00 but doesnt know the tooth count
thanks guys

·
Registered
95 Posts
That part # he gave you is for the 33 tooth steelpulley, I know cuz I just bought one. I don't know if they make a 31 tooth in steel. They do make them out of aircraft aluminum (not the same aluminum Barons used that caused some people grief ). I have one.

·
Administrator
30,097 Posts
I see the reason for your question, there's a lot of conflicting info out there.

The 1999-2003 OEM stock R*frontpulley issteel 33-tooth: 4WM-17651-00-00. Yami only makes the 30 31 32 tooth pulleys in aluminum. Just for comparison, the R*W steel 32-tooth pulley is STR-4WM99-10-32.

+1 the Baron's pulley is the only after-market R*W steel pulley I'm aware of too. Be careful in the classifieds, this pulley was aluminum until last year or so.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BA-6521RD

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help fellas
i was trying to stay with a steel pulley but if aluminum is the only way then aluminum is where i'll stay.... look, i was a poet and didnt evenknow it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts