RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner has installed a set of short, strait pipes that are too loud for my taste.

Haven't done this before - swapping parts; but I am looking for an OEM exhaust, my bike is 2002, I am assuming the exhaust is the same over the years?

Attached is a photo of the bike/exhaust. I live nearby Seattle.

If you are looking to scare small kids a block away - these are pipes for you ;-)

Thanks for looking,
Simon

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Bro those are 3in hard krome classics ... Just get some baffles n u should be good to go... Besides those pipes look waaayyyy better than stock exhaust...

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
baffles! try it!

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
you can add the baffles and try it as there are several types of baffles available some a lot quieter than others. Worst case scenario if the baffles don't work for you someone will surely trade or trade with a bit of $$ for a stock system. Personally i like the look of the stock system. The water heater was one of the things that got my attention when the warrior first came out. You can also find a thread here on how to modify the stock system to give a bit more sound and performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much everyone!
I agree that the OEM exhaust is ugly, it looks like a bazooka strapped to the bike ;-)
Thank you very much for identifying my pipes Desertboy13, I am going to look for baffled right now!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had V&H bigshots come with the bike. Went back to stock. Extremely happy with it. Use to think stock was ugly but bottom line they are a hallmark of the bike, stock sounds excellent to me...very nice tone, and the look has grown on me. I had considered eventually looking for a slip on for the stock header...but you couldn't pay me to switch out from stock now. One thing is...if you like chrome...the water cooler is a giant slab of very high quality chrome hanging out there. And no doubt in my mind it draws looks and interest.

To each his own and you gotta do you bro. I didn't want to scare children either! lol

BTW...I spent $150 on the stock system on Ebay in prefect condition. You need to wait for reasonable people to post on Ebay. I've seen just the stock water cooler and no header or brackets listed for $200 by itself...or just the one Y bracket for over $100 by itself. These sellers enjoy crack as well. You can do the whole system in new condition include brackets and all hardware for $125 to $200. Sometimes even in our forum's marketplace. Always related parts up on ebay though...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
PS I tried every baffle known to man on the big shots. No offense...but these guys will tell you how quiet it will be. That was not my experience. A straight pipe is not going to be anything like stock quiet...unless you just plug them with a weld so the bike can't run. :) :)

PPS...your bike looks sweet though. I like the colors...

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
970 Posts
Another vote for the baffles. Big city thunder and get the QQ series baffles. Measure the inside diameter of your exhaust pipe. and give cig city thunder a call they are very helpful on the phone. https://www.bigcitythunder.com/ Call them this week because they are closing for retooling at the end of the week and will be closed for a month.

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Keep THOSE pipes... You'll regret getting rid of them..
I've had them on both my waRrior"s and are great. Make them work for u ..

Sent from my Z831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
@klrbill - I have big shots on my new to me but used '07 rs warrior that I am strongly considering changing to stock. I have seen a few on eBay around $200 h $250. They seem complete with brackets, header and muffler but none mention the water cooler. Is that something that is probably done away with when the original owner changed from stock to big shots? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
970 Posts
The water heater is a nickname for the stock muffler. I have a full setup I'd trade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
The water heater is a nickname for the stock muffler. I have a full setup I'd trade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Oh **** I feel stupid... Hahaha. Thanks for letting me know. Are the stock pipes you have in good and clean shape? Will to sell instead of trade? Where r u located?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts