RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I am fairly new to this forum and the Warrior in general so any help would be appreciated. I am trying to find a set of drag/t-bars that not only look nice but imnprove my riding position.

This past weekend I went on a Wounded Warrior foundation ride out of the local Yamaha dealer. probably a good 150 Star bikes out there... it was awesome.. but anyways, I ran into one other Warrior (Yeah, out of 150 Stars). The guy had a set of drag/t-bars and told me they allow him to sit back more in the saddle and he doesn't have to lean forward. After the 90 mile ride my back was telling me that is what I needed to. (I asked the guy and he told me his were crusier bars or something. I don't think he remembered).

I've looked around the forum and have seen V-Star T-bars and Baron's Big Radius bars get a lot of praise. I have heard some people say the bars made them lean forward more and others say they made the ride more comfortable.

So what is it that will make the ride more comfortable. Should I be looking at the rise, the pullback, or something else? I know everybody has a different body size and it is all dependent, but I am looking for general info pretty much.

If it helps I am about 5'10" ... with, an I guess, average dude arm reach.

Thank you for the help

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Position is all in a persons head. Lower back pain can be caused by seat just as much as arm position if not more.

Dont get me wrong just be sure its one thing and not another. As far as the bars, with your height I would shoot for the most pull back unless you are very long waisted. Arm pain will come along real quick if you go to high with the rise so stick with a 4" to 8" max but try and find somthing in a 12.5" or more pull back. You can also loosen your bars that you have now and roll them to you just a little and test the feel (if your bars are more straight up then pulled back) but you can often get a inch or more just by doing that. At least you can see if it made a difference. JMHO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts