RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've been lurking around for a bit but have never posted. I'm hoping one of you can help me locate a cobra slip-on for my 07 warrior as cobra no longer makes any pipes to fit our bikes (per cobra) by the way love the forum lots of great bikes and bikers here. I'm affaid I'm not very tech savy but will try to figure things out as I go.

Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have a bubs boom canslip-on that I may be selling-pending the purchase of some pipes in the classifieds, that I will hopefully get if the vultures leave it alone. If I get them, I would let my slip on go for cheap.A few light scratches etc but not real bad. Sounds better than the Cobra in IMO. Buddies cobra slip on is not quite as deep sounding.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the pipe I'm looking for is the one on DeWarrior's bike in his gallery (sorry couldn't find a good picture) it's a little longer than the bub's however that is my second choice if I can't find a cobra.

Thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
There was only one pic when I looked so if that is the right one I dont have that one, Mine is longer and doesnt open up like a cone in the rear. You can hear it a mile away! LOL

Here is a pic if you know what is it let me know and if anyone needs it make offer

Bill

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
can you get a pic I'm not solid on the cobra really I like the water heater but I want to add a V-BAC this winter and need a pipe that will help mask the sound of it (I had the MAXAIR kit on my V-Star and it was noisy) I'm not in a big hurry as I wont be able to ride for the next few months (crushed vertebrey, Hocky injury, surgery on 12-5) but will be able to mod in a few weeks

·
Registered
611 Posts
warpig said:
can you get a pic I'm not solid on the cobra really I like the water heater but I want to add a V-BAC this winter and need a pipe that will help mask the sound of it (I had the MAXAIR kit on my V-Star and it was noisy) I'm not in a big hurry as I wont be able to ride for the next few months (crushed vertebrey, Hocky injury, surgery on 12-5) but will be able to mod in a few weeks

Dang, I hope you get better soon, I had a mining accident years ago and that back pain is an awfull thing! Gone now but I couldnt walk straight for 2 years.

·
Administrator
29,669 Posts
This may not be a Cobra, it looks like a D&D slip-on #549-1754 which can be seen onpage 35-18 of this 3.5mb PDF catalog which is from 2005 I think:

http://teamnitromotorsports.com/PDF/Motorcycle%20Stuff%20Catalog/36%20Exhaust_07.pdf

I have re-postedan old pic below, it looks great on the Warrior's stock header. I had this D&D for awhile. It sounds like a 1969 big block Chevy, and I'm not kidding it really does. I sold mine to another member when I got my S* 2-1-2. The D&D is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on any bike, at least when new. But I think it was discontinued.

Added 11-30-2008: This exhaust did not have stainless internal plumbing and like many exhaust systems is subject to rust and should be checked for condition. There is a link to a post in Popular Mods, under EXHAUST, on ways to remove shoe-goo however if scratches exist in the chrome it will be difficult to maintain this pipe from visible rust. Even with these possible problems, this is the best sounding pipe I've ever heard on a Warror. Mounted OEM angle-up, it does not bottom-out.

More pending.

nmbillr said:
There was only one pic when I looked so if that is the right one I dont have that one, Mine is longer and doesnt open up like a cone in the rear. You can hear it a mile away! LOL Here is a pic if you know what is it let me know and if anyone needs it make offer. Bill

Here's my bike a number of years back with the D&D on the stock header, which of course angles up:

·
Administrator
29,669 Posts
warpig said:
the pipe I'm looking for is the one on DeWarrior's bike in his gallery (sorry couldn't find a good picture) it's a little longer than the bub's however that is my second choice if I can't find a cobra. Thanks

From DeWarrior's gallery, I believe this is a Cobra slip-on:

More later . . .

from: http://store.dsrpowersports.com/081385.htmlwhich might still be available out in the distributor network.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is a good lookin pipe how does it mount in arizona's photo looks like it uses the existing mc brackett but I cant tell on yours (just trying to make sure this is the same pipe) if it is will make offer.By the way thanks for the well wishes thankfully I'm really not in much pain mostly just numbness in the hands and arms

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Cobra Slip-on, if you would like to buy it, with or without the stock header pipes attached. I had it on for only a few months, then ended up puttiing on a set of Muzzys 2-into-2, as pictured in my gallery. The Cobra slip-on sounds great and matched up well with the V-BAK and Cobra Fi-2000R tuner.

Just P.M. me, and we can arrange for the Cobra pipe deal.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pm sent = wildbike

nmbillr = I may also still be interested in your pipe so please if you can get me the info on it I would appreciate it I figure the worst that can happen is I wind up with 2 great pipes pic one and sell off the other.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thanks Arizona Warrior that is the exact pipe I have. You are right it sounds like a chevy alright! LOL My friends tell me they hear me over a mile away when I am full on it! Cool! I guess it has been discontinued cause I could never find one like it.

Thanks again AW that was cool of you.

Bill

·
Registered
611 Posts
warpig said:
That is a good lookin pipe how does it mount in arizona's photo looks like it uses the existing mc brackett but I cant tell on yours (just trying to make sure this is the same pipe) if it is will make offer.By the way thanks for the well wishes thankfully I'm really not in much pain mostly just numbness in the hands and arms

Thanks

No, it has it's own bracket and it holds the billet crome resv on it and I have all that. I dont know much about the other pipe you are looking for but I dont like the rear part looking like a megaphoneand I think AW is right, if I still had my bike and a slip on it would be the DND. The other may be a great pipe I dont know but I know mine is bad a$$ and looks cool on the bike. If you need it let me know. Glad you are ok.

Bill

·
Registered
611 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
This may not be a Cobra, it looks like a D&D slip-on #549-1754 which can be seen onpage 35-18 of this 3.5mb PDF catalog:

http://teamnitromotorsports.com/PDF/Motorcycle%20Stuff%20Catalog/36%20Exhaust_07.pdf

I have re-postedan old pic below, it looks great on the Warrior's stock header. I had this D&D for awhile. It sounds like a 1969 big block Chevy, and I'm not kidding it really does. I sold mine to another member when I got my S* 2-1-2. The D&D is the best sounding exhaust I have ever heard on any bike, at least when new. But I think it was discontinued.

More pending.

nmbillr said:
There was only one pic when I looked so if that is the right one I dont have that one, Mine is longer and doesnt open up like a cone in the rear. You can hear it a mile away! LOL Here is a pic if you know what is it let me know and if anyone needs it make offer. Bill

Here's my bike a number of years back with the D&D on the stock header, which of course angles up:

"It sounds like a 1969 big block Chevy, and I'm not kidding it really does."

I'm still laughing about that statement! You cant put it any other way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts