RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike used, and when in Laughlin i dynoed it. I got some pretty high #'s. HP was 94.7 on 3 pulls.
Here is what I have done to it:
V&H Propipe, V-BAK, AIS block-off. I looked at the ecu and didnt get the same part # off of it that I found online. I know you could put parts in the bike during the recall. Im just trying to figure out if the previous owner did anything to it. I cant ask him - I got it from a dealer.

The # on my ecu are:
F8T914
73 5PX-01
I figured this is a good place to start - If not, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Follow this procedure to find out the baseline ECU settings, write them down, and then go from there depending on exhaust, intake and engine mods.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33867

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
There is more done to that motor than just a pipe and air kit to be getting almost 95 HP. And Suicide, he's not looking to adjust the ECU, but wondering if he has the Speedstar ECU or the stocker, I think.....

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Think this is the stock ECU parts number?

ENGINE CONTROL UNIT 5PX-8591A-01-00

COMPETITION STAGE IV ECU

Fits:'02 - '06 Road Star Warrior- SPD-5PX09-50-04

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Just run it out in 1st gear & see where the rev limiter kicks in at. stock is about 5200, SS is about 5600.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:Originally posted by Churchkey

Just run it out in 1st gear & see where the rev limiter kicks in at. stock is about 5200, SS is about 5600.

Ok - I'll try it.

Ed

·
Registered
807 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a SS kit maybe?? That or the dyno is mis calibrated for the Harleys to make them feel better?? hehehe

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about that. An older V-Rod pulled a 102 with exhaust and intake work. A few other HD's pulled mid to high 70's. Sounds about right to me.

Ed

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok - I ran the bike out and it went to about 5800 rpm. The tach started flashing at 5000 rpm.

What do you guys think?
Ed

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Sounds like you have an SS ECU. With a stock ECU the rev limiter would have kicked in just over 5000 RPM. You may have HC pistons also. Pull a spark plug, bump the engine over & look for a dome on the piston. Stock pistons are dished.

My SS ECU did not come with a bar code label. The stock one had the label.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Ok - I ran the bike out and it went to about 5800 rpm. The tach started flashing at 5000 rpm.

What do you guys think?
Ed
What actually happens when you run the bike out in first gear to 5800 rpm? What speed are you doing in first when the rev limiter kicks in? It cannot be very healthy for your motor doing that I would imagine.

·
Administrator
29,480 Posts
The rev limiter has variable limits depending on what gear you are in. In first gear you hit the limiter fast and you lose ET that way. Shift with the power band. Notice the gear ratios in the manual. Notice overdrive. Those gears have legs.

As for what happens in first, well, you slow down and it's annoying.

·
Registered
921 Posts
The rev limiter has variable limits depending on what gear you are in. In first gear you hit the limiter fast and you lose ET that way. Shift with the power band. Notice the gear ratios in the manual. Notice overdrive. Those gears have legs.

As for what happens in first, well, you slow down and it's annoying.
Run first gear out to redline. Gee I’ve run 1st to 4000 and that was scary enough. The day that I ran mine out to 225 Kph I was only at about 4800. I find that I don’t need that extra 200 revs lolol😎😎🐝

1 - 17 of 17 Posts