RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know where i can get a 220 or 230 mm tire, i have been looking on the web and cant find one. all i can find are 200, 240, 250. thanks, jake - midnightwarrior1

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Good luck getting a 220 or 230 to fit on a stock rim.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Frankenstein

Get a 240 kit - you will love it!

Not a 260? I hear you can still get a 260 tire under a stock fender. I can't decide!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Don't do the 210 on a 200 rim. You will be lucky to get 2000 miles out of it due to the crowning.

If you want to lose the handling and speed when going wider....you might as well go to 240/260 and be done with it.

You can get your rim extended to fit the 220 properly...but for the cost you might as well go 240.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Avon Makes a 230 but its an 15" or 18"

http://www.bikernet.com/avon/widetire2001-1.asp

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
"Me and Crumbtray have had our 210s on for close to 7k miles no problem. Let's not start another 210 thread..."

I'm glad to hear it...because *many* members here have gone through their 210 in under 2500 miles...

I just wanted to warn the guy...half the time when someone asks about a fatter tire...they get like 5 people saying you can put on the 210...but they don't mention the issue of tire life...which you and crumb somehow have magically avoided...even though I know many more people who have toasted a 210 in less than one oil change.

Just trying to get all the info out there, so he can make the best decision.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
quote:Originally posted by parabellum

Don't do the 210 on a 200 rim. You will be lucky to get 2000 miles out of it due to the crowning.

If you want to lose the handling and speed when going wider....you might as well go to 240/260 and be done with it.

You can get your rim extended to fit the 220 properly...but for the cost you might as well go 240.

I didn't get but 2500 out of my 200 Bridgestone that came on the bike. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Now JD...you know that you are a ruthless master on those tires...

What are you running these days?

I believe it was Garner (Dwight) who got 6K out of his Avon AV46, but killed a Metz 210 in 2400 miles...I believe Mike can kill an AV46 in 2500 miles...but he lives 30 min from the Dragon...so that is cheating!

I got 5K out of the stock Dunlop 200, I am interested to see what I get out of this AV46. Of course the Dunlop died on the Dragon...and the AV46 should have more than 4 trips to the Dragon on it before summer of 08...

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by parabellum
I'm glad to hear it...because *many* members here have gone through their 210 in under 2500 miles...
..which you and crumb somehow have magically avoided...even though I know many more people who have toasted a 210 in less than one oil change.

there's no magic to it. CrumbTray even did several burnouts w/ smiley faces and all on the tire. It is a fact that the 210 will wear out in the center quicker. Given the sticky compound of the Metz 210, I would expect sportbike tires to wear out quicker than cruiser/touring tires. it just depends on how you ride...I'm getting ready for another new set of tires and will probably go 210 again.
As far as "loosing the handling and speed" going to a 210 from a 200 is barely noticeable in those department. Not everyone rides "the dragon". The 210 does however look noticeably wider. Going to a 240 or wider costs significantly more than just a 210. That's the difference.
oh look, another 210 thread....[:0]

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
That is interesting, I noticed a significant difference between the 200 and 190...I guess the 200-210 difference must not be as much in feel.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I run a 210 Metz as well. I like the looks but man this tire is getting ate up quick and I'm not even an aggressive rider. There isn't much for curvy roads around here so most of my riding is fairly straight. But, I only have about 2300 miles on the tire and it looks like it has 5000. When I had a flat and took it in to get fixed the dealer tried to talk me into a new tire. I said," nah, I'm going to try and get what I can out of it since it only has 2300 miles on it." He was amazed at the poor wear. I agree, I like the looks but for the poor wear I'm not sure I'll go back with a Metz.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got 1800 out of my stock rear and replaced it with a 200 Dunlop. The Dunlop has 1900 on it and its shot in the @ss. I rarely do a burnout so I just thought this was normal for a warrior until I started reading this forum. My front is shot now too with 3700 on it. I'm eyeing up a nice solid fork truck tire for my third rubber[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

1 - 20 of 22 Posts