RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading up to Michigan on a trip. Basically brewery hopping up into Grand rapids. That will be base camp. Anybody have any advice on where I should be heading for some good riding? Hopefully twisties?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
If you're looking for twisties do what I did and move to L.A.! lol. Seriously, I'm from Ann Arbor and one cool thing I remember is riding on those warm Mich evenings. I had lots of trails through the A2 area but I really don't remember ANY twisties! Sorry. I'll ask my brother, he's still in Rochester.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Tunnel of trees on the lake Michigan lake shore, takes you almost to the bridge, but it is a slower ride. was on a group ride so can't quit remember how to get there, but you should be albe to look it up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've ridden part of the highlighted portion from muskegon to ludington from the link that arizona posted. Some twisties. Hard to come by good twisties in michigan. Its pretty flat everywhere in the lower penninsula, but almost anything that follows the lake shore is beautiful. I am heading up to the tunnel in a month. Gonna spend the weekend with some fellow enthusiasts at burt lake state park.

You should Stop into The Hop Cat. Get some Crack fries. They also have an amazing selection of beers from all the michigan and other great lakes micro breweries.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
My first ride was around lake michigan just after I bought the bike, upper peninsula and down the Wisconsin side was pretty cool. Beautiful around that lake. Started in Chicago in the am and looped around by the evening. was late and got rained on once....but it was a great break in ride.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good lookin out guys. Thanks. Definitely some stuff to keep in mind. That Tunnel of trees route looks really awesome

·
Registered
297 Posts
Let's talk about the brewery hopping! Where are you from? If it provides to be a reasonable distance and you haven't already - check out Asheville, NC! Beer City, USA! A small group of me and my friends went last year and have settled on it being an annual trip now. Stay at the Downtown Inn & Suites, cheapest spot downtown, and everything is within walking distance or short cheap cab ride. So many cool, eclectic bars and breweries. I want to visit the Biltmore Mansion next time I am there, also. And there's an abundance of chicks up there that don't wear bras!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tunnel of trees on the lake Michigan lake shore, takes you almost to the bridge, but it is a slower ride. was on a group ride so can't quit remember how to get there, but you should be albe to look it up.
Starting at Harbor Springs nort' of Petoskey I believe following along the lake past Cross Village and onto Mackinaw after Wilderness Point.

This is going to take another 2 days of riding at least though.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've ridden part of the highlighted portion from muskegon to ludington from the link that arizona posted. Some twisties. Hard to come by good twisties in michigan. Its pretty flat everywhere in the lower penninsula, but almost anything that follows the lake shore is beautiful. I am heading up to the tunnel in a month. Gonna spend the weekend with some fellow enthusiasts at burt lake state park.

You should Stop into The Hop Cat. Get some Crack fries. They also have an amazing selection of beers from all the michigan and other great lakes micro breweries.
I didn't really get too far north of Grand Rapids, unfortunately I was out voted (turns out people without warriors care WAY less about twisities). But we did find some really nice riding around Gun lake/Yankee springs. Not sure what town it was, but between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo. And on your (and several others) advice, we spent the majority of our Sat night at Hopcat.... Holy **** that place rocks. The crack fries, as well as EVERYTHING (including the women) else was top notch. Good lookin out man.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Starting at Harbor Springs nort' of Petoskey I believe following along the lake past Cross Village and onto Mackinaw after Wilderness Point.

This is going to take another 2 days of riding at least though.
I see from your profile you're from Grand Rapids. Any chance the Purple warrior I saw while I was riding around was you? Regardless, I got super excited ( I don't often see other warriors).

Side note if I told you I stayed in the shi ttiest part of Grand Rapids, what street would you say I stayed on? (turns out, the cheapest hotel available makes for some interesting stories...)

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
And there's an abundance of chicks up there that don't wear bras!!!!

This is excellent motorcycling reporting, nice job JD!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I gotta guess it was on Division or 28th or Alpine. IDK, could be alot of different areas.

LOL! It was on 28th. 4/5 people who we told that we were "staying in a terrible area" were like "oh is it on 28th?". It really crack me up. But on the plus side, I got a serious contact high, and got to see a prostitute getting paid.

·
Premium Member
4,574 Posts
"Looking for Michigan advice"

Stay away from Detroit. And Dearborn. And Flint.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts