RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been trying to navigate the site and find the right place but I'm on my phone I'm having a hard time so I'm listening to post this and hopefully nobody gets upset. But I made a post it was actually my first post when I first got my bike about a month ago I was trying to figure out what all was done with it aside from just all the Chrome and things still haven't found out a whole lot about my bike as far as what's performance wise but it does have the aftermarket pipes on it and I'm going to get a performance intake I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet I'm still trying to figure out what's the best one is going to be but I really want to find a PC3 and I'm thinking I want the USB one based on what I read but can you buy point me in the right direction or does anyone have one for sale?
20210327_114443.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
Here are some links to the manufacturer's website for both the PC III and the PC V. Depending on your ultimate goals, it may be advisable to go with the PC V for future proofing your upgrades while installing the latest tech.

As for performance intakes, I think the universal response is to go with a big air kit (BAK). There's a write up on here somewhere on the pro's and con's of the various types available. The only other intake that will give you more performance is a turbo and I don't think you're considering that as this point. There are other mods that can be done as well to get more performance without going turbo but that's for another discussion.

Also, from what I've heard, getting your ECU flashed by Ivan may actually be a better route to get more performance. There's a link for his site below the Power Commander links. I haven't done it personally, but I'm thinking I'll do it this summer when it's too hot to ride here in SoCal.

Power Commander III USB

Power Commander V

Ivan's Performance ECU Flash

·
Premium Member
4,368 Posts
Other than having a bunch of chrome, Yamaha dress up covers, bars, grips, lines and pipes.
Churchkey's VBAK kit would be the way I would steer you. It is a very proven package.
Now if you plan on slapping that monster on the rollers and have a tune written for you then a new PC5 that comes with timing control built in would be the way to go. That way they can play with the fuel and timing and squeeze out some good power. If not you can also read up on Ivan's tune in which he plays with timing and your fuel maps.
Also search the site a bit and there is plenty on Ivan's tune. Here is his site and what he offers.

·
Registered
2002 Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the replies. I'm going to look into Ivan's tune but I'm kind of leaning more towards putting it on the dyno after I get the big air intake. I bought some iridium plugs I'll throw them in there as well and if I need to have the PCV tuner for the dyno capabilities that's probably what I'll go with. And I think I'll be satisfied at that point until later down the road I might decide to Turbo it I'm not sure yet but don't get me wrong it's good and strong now but I'm six foot two and weigh 250 lbs. I'm not a little guy so that's why I went with the big bike like this aside from the fact that as soon as I seen it I fell in love with it and knew that I was getting it LOL. But never can have too much power in my opinion..

·
Administrator
30,095 Posts
I like how Ivan's flash upped my rev limiter and removed most engine braking. It does more good stuff too. It wakes up the bike by taking off the restraints.

The newest version PC-V is advertised to have timing control. I don't know how it's accomplished since the Warrior has a fixed timing wheel, but the claim is there on their website. Careful: they also sell the original PC-V fuel manager only (no timing capability). If it were me I would phone them and talk a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts