RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I bought my Warrior back in 2011. Now it's time for my first mod: THE WIDE REAR TIRE. I remember sometime back finding a picture of three or four Warriors lined up with progressively increasing tire sizes from 200 to 300. I've been searching for the last hour but can't locate it. Can anyone help me with either that picture or something similar?

I want to go wide, but can't decide between 240 or 260... heck I might go 280 or 300 if the picture shows me what I am looking for.
Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Here you go. :p

280, 250, 240, 200.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the quick reply!
And so Big Bird starts to sing: "One of these things is not like the other. Which one is different, do you know?"

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
some info to maybe help you make your decision
you can get a swingarm from BTK572 that will allow you to use any size tire from stock to 280
the stock fender will usually accept up to a 260 tire with sometimes a bit of shimming necessary. i say usually as there have been at least one case where an owner had to have his fender widened to get his 260 to fit. if you go to a 280 tire then you certainly need a custom fender and depending on the fender you buy you may need to purchase custom widened struts which are usually around $300 or more if you can find them or you will have to have spacers made for your stock struts and try to f get them to fit with your fender or buy a custom fender that comes with the strut spacers.

If you go bigger than a 280 then you get into having to buy not only the custom fender etc. but you will also have to find a custom swingarm and will have to convert to a chain drive and may have to do a bit of modification to your frame or you will have to lose the transfer case and do a RHS drive conversion along with the fender and the swingarm.

You can find info on a DIY 240 mod to your swingarm on the forum but should you decide to go larger in the future that will require more swingarm modifications hence the beauty of the BTK572 swingarm

another consideration could be your insurance concerns. I know here in Canada i had to change my insurance company as they would not insure anything larger than a 290 rear tire so my 330 was too big for them.

anything up to a 280 you can find readily available parts for. anything larger requires a lot of extra $$$ and modifications although there are some suppliers that will give you the full conversion kit but charge a lot of $$$

·
Administrator
27,737 Posts
What's really cool is there are a few vendors here that provide swing-arms for 240, 250, 260, 280, and 300 rear tires. Anything wider than 260 needs a different rear fender so if you plan to retain the spirit of the Warrior by retaining the unique rear fender then 260 is the max and it fills-in very nicely. Someone did a 330 rear a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Anything wider than 260 needs a different rear fender so if you plan to retain the spirit of the Warrior by retaining the unique rear fender then 260 is the max and it fills-in very nicely. Someone did a 330 rear a few years ago.
You can get a stock style fender for a 280 and I have a 330

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
some info to maybe help you make your decision
you can get a swingarm from BTK572 that will allow you to use any size tire from stock to 280
the stock fender will usually accept up to a 260 tire with sometimes a bit of shimming necessary. i say usually as there have been at least one case where an owner had to have his fender widened to get his 260 to fit. if you go to a 280 tire then you certainly need a custom fender and depending on the fender you buy you may need to purchase custom widened struts which are usually around $300 or more if you can find them or you will have to have spacers made for your stock struts and try to f get them to fit with your fender or buy a custom fender that comes with the strut spacers.

If you go bigger than a 280 then you get into having to buy not only the custom fender etc. but you will also have to find a custom swingarm and will have to convert to a chain drive and may have to do a bit of modification to your frame or you will have to lose the transfer case and do a RHS drive conversion along with the fender and the swingarm.

You can find info on a DIY 240 mod to your swingarm on the forum but should you decide to go larger in the future that will require more swingarm modifications hence the beauty of the BTK572 swingarm

another consideration could be your insurance concerns. I know here in Canada i had to change my insurance company as they would not insure anything larger than a 290 rear tire so my 330 was too big for them.

anything up to a 280 you can find readily available parts for. anything larger requires a lot of extra $$$ and modifications although there are some suppliers that will give you the full conversion kit but charge a lot of $$$
Thanks for all the useful information. After reading about the extra cash and the different handling, I am going to go with the 260. Love all the pics.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
He's a vendor on the 4m that does modded swingarm..
Look him up in the vendor section also you'll find pics of his wrk...I have one of his swingarm.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts