RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bike and the original owner removed the front signals. Looks pretty good, but makes me nervous. Would like some small but bright LEDs, anyone do this yet or know where I can look?

Thanks

D

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
http://www.radiantz.com/636.html

Look wayy trick on the front end... quick and easy to install...

[url="http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50340&SearchTerms=radiantz>http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50340&SearchTerms=radiantz,led,front,signals

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Signal Dynamics L.E.D.'s Very Bright.

How do you get by with having RED lights on the front of your bike. RED or BLUE lights on the front are illegal here in New Mexico. Looks good tho.

·
Registered
10,319 Posts
I believe they also have to be a certain distance apart from each other by law, but I could
be wrong. But than again, open pipes are illegal, side mount vertical plates are illegal, 55mph is the speed limit, non DOT
approved modified swing arms should only be for show use, etc, etc, etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw the ring style LED's on ebay for the Victory Vegas. Wasn't sure if they would fit on the Warrior forks, but looks to be same.

Those are pretty sweet! Thanks for the links and the vid.

D

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
doghart:

They are generic in nature.. you wire 'em up and stick 'em on.. Just make sure that the forks are CLEAN & DRY before you try to install..

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I searched DMV Laws pertaining to color of front turn signals and they do not cover what can or can not be used pertaining to motorcycle specific turn signal light color in my State. I did not search outside of NH.

quote:Originally posted by kdmason

quote:Originally posted by DarkStar

Signal Dynamics L.E.D.'s Very Bright.

How do you get by with having RED lights on the front of your bike. RED or BLUE lights on the front are illegal here in New Mexico. Looks good tho.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
quote:

I know they're illegal in Texas. You're not supposed to have any forwards facing red lights here.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dog, you got me looking and **** the law suks to read, BUT...

http://198.187.128.12/colorado/lpext.dll/Infobase4/63d1b/64e90/64e92/6510d/65164?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm&2.0#JD_42-4-206
(3) Either a tail lamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light the rear registration plate and render it clearly legible from a distance of fifty feet to the rear. Any tail lamp or tail lamps, together with any separate lamp for illuminating the rear registration plate, shall be so wired as to be lighted whenever the head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted. This subsection (3) shall not apply to neighborhood electric vehicles.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by vector18

http://media.putfile.com/sigs-50

Just put these on mine - man are they bright!

Vec did you use just one 12" strip or two? I bought two originally since I was putting chrome fork tube covers on but the first one I opened snapped in half from even gentle handling.[xx(] They seem to be pre-scored to snap in half very easily. So I just ended up using one and going about 80% of the way around each fork cover.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Perhaps I should have read the above post... Looks like I'm not the only schmuck in the crowd... LOL..

Stoopid me ordered TWO 12" sets of the Radiantz flex-array AMBER LED's to use a wraparound signals up front..

Since Custom Dynamics is in NC, I had rec'd them the next day after ordering...

I ordered TWO.. but I'd SWEAR that on my '02 I only used one set, cut in half basically... I recall spending about $100 on that setup.. and I only spent $158 on these two..

ANYWAY... knowing that these strips could be cut into up to FOUR sets of FIVE LED's, I must have forgotten how friggin easy the strip is to BREAK. yeah, I broke one... and soldering that little ass board back together so that it PROPERLY slides into teh tubing channel AIN'T EASY. I did get it done tho...

Right now, I have the tubing set up wrapped around the forks so that it 'conforms' to the fork tubes... I'll get around to installing both LED boards tomorrow night maybe...

I just have to figure out how I'll get to the wiring since I've added the Kury driving lights... and the original signal leads are now heat shrink'd from the Kury lights into the headlight bucket...DAMNIT.. Why can't I think ahead when I do stuff? I mean, I KNEW I was going to order and install these LED's..... DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT...

Below is a pic of the FRAGILE LED board AFTER minor surgery....

*I know.. the pic clarity BLOWS... *

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, what happens if you ever want/need to remove the forks? Aren't the flex lights mounted to the fork tube?
I'm looking for a good bright led for the front of my warrior as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
881 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Speed3Boy

So, what happens if you ever want/need to remove the forks? Aren't the flex lights mounted to the fork tube?
I'm looking for a good bright led for the front of my warrior as well.
Thanks!

That's why I put them under the tripple trees.......................

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts