RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a warrior, but have a few quesitons. I know of a dealer that has a new 06 and a new 07. The 06 has a sppedstar pipe and some aftermarket chrome parts. He is asking 9999.00 for either bike. My questions are:

1. What, if any, are the differences between a 06, 07, 08, and 09 warrior?

2. Is that a good deal for those bikes?

Thanks for any help/advise !

·
Registered
228 Posts
I would say it is over priced for each IMO i got my 07 in 07 for $9500 from the dealer bone stock never been riden. The speed star pipe is also not worth it IMO there are alot better after market options out there. I have owned a speed star pipe before and did not care for the sound or performance.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
There are virtually no differences between the bikes. I'd offer him $9000 for the 07 and $8500 for the 06.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That's too much for an '06. The bike's already 3 model years old! I think you'd want to knock off at least another $500 to $1000. The replacement parts don't add much value. He took off perfectly good (and required!) parts and put on others. If the removed stock parts list at say $2000, and the price of the "custom" parts is say $2500, the then the INCREASE in the value of the bike is only : $2500 - $2000 = $500 They'll say that they added $2500 to the bike. That's BS. You have to have those parts to run the bike. They're not "extra" parts like saddle bags or a windshield or something like that. You have to subtract the value of the parts that were removed. Make him do the math. Numbers don't lie.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would recommend checking the for sale section of this forum. I would buy Speed3Boy's 06 warrior for 9k way before I would buy a new one for 9k. There are members here with some very nice, very low mileage bikes that im sure were well cared for. If you just have to have a new one. I agree with the others, thats a little too much. I would try to get him down to 8k for the 06 but would probably settle for anything 8.5k and under.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't quite agree. The price may be a little high, compared to a used bike. But a NEW bike, with a waranty? As for your question about differences...Not alot in those years. How good of a mechanic are you? If you just plan on mild mods, and are just mostly going to ride... Then hit them for the extended waranty to be included. However, if you are intending to do some major mods, ie. engine, or fat tire, then I would look into a used or cutting a deal. As for the speed pipe...The performance is second only to the pro pipe, and I have been very pleased with the sound, and looks. It comes down to financing, You can get financed easier for a new bike. So if you only have some down, you'll have an easier time with a new one. And I saved my most important opinion for last. Listen to your self first. Go look at bikes. Sit on bikes. Test drive them if you can. You have to live with your choice. Take the time yopu need to make it a livable one. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
If it was me, I'd low ball at 8500. They might split from what you are willing to pay, then you could purchase a PCIII. I'd also print out some good deals from cycletrader and ebay and ask why they can't sell for the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&item=360129137968&category=50044&viewitem=

Let them make their overhead from an 09 deal. They've been carrying those bikes for so many months there is no way they can make up what they've put into them. I'd also check to see if they have these bikes listed on their web site or others. Note the price.

You don't get if you don't ask. But that's just my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
offer them 8500 on the 07, if they balk then walk. but hand them your cell # before you walk thru the door, i'll bet they call you within a day or so....... good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts