RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am used to a more upright ridding position. The stock bars are a little on the wide side and I want something that is more laid back. Any suggestions? I road a Fat Boy for four years and liked the ridding position.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I have been thinking about using the Flanders D6 or C6 in the stock risers for something close to the stock but a bit further back and a tad narrower. I'm 6'1" but could use about 2 - 3" more pullback.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by starwarrior

Thats the same thing I wanted,I'm 6'1".I've got the c6 bars ,same height,slightly narrower,about 2" back.....poyfict!

Poyfict fer sure! Star, where are you located in Georgia, maybe we can hook up sometime, I wouldn't mind checking out those C6 bars firsthand. I'm in the metro Atlanta (Roswell) area.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Star,
The LiL' Lady and I will be stopping in Savannah for a over nighter on our way to Daytona at the end of Febuary. Any suggestion's on a good Southern Eatery in Savannah? I love Cajun!

·
Registered
174 Posts
If your into seafood,the shellhouse is right on 95(great food)or if your really into seafood(pelican point in darien)is also right off of 95(seafood buffet with every imaginable meat,lobster,crawfish,snow crab legs,prime rib,oysters,crabs)about $22.00 a person and worth a **** of a lot more than that.God I'm hungry........better go to bed before I raid the icebox,......night,night.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am really struggling with all the suggestions regarding new handlebars. I would like to get about 2-3" narrower and about 2" further back. But I don't want to change the cabling (clutch/ throttle/Brake) or wires (blinkers/horn etc). Does anyone have a suggestions?

It seems that the Baron's 1.125" radius bar looks good, IMO I am not too impressed with how the Flanders bars look (but if they work, I may spring for it), what about the Yamaha bars...would they work?

Lastly, I'd like to route internally, but if it means longer cabling and wires, I'll leave it external for now to make sure it is right. I think Dark Star inferred that suggestion somewhere along the line.

Thanks folks, this is a great site with a good bunch of people. I am completely satisfied with my RSW, as Tony would say "it's greeaaat."

Hoping Santa brings the windvest and floor boards.

Good Day!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
quote:Originally posted by dbarnet

Thanks for the help guys. I think that I'll go with the Baron's 1.125" radius bar.
those bars look good an I like the feel IMO they are a tiny bit lower and foward than stock Im 5'9 and it gives a sport position for me.[8D]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I love my Radius Bars. The 1.25" tapered bars look great, great bends from the triple tree that does not break up the fine lines of the Warrior. Looks 100% better when control lines are run internally. I am 5'10" with a decent reach. The Rad Bars put you into a aggresive sitting position. I move up in the seat 1" and the bars are perfect.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have the Rad' Bars too; as a matter of fact, I'm on my second set. The bars are great except for two things: One, they vibrate much more than the stock bars THE WAY BARON SAYS TO MOUNT THEM and two, mine (both sets) don't seemed to be perfectly aligned.[V]

The alignment was the same with both bars (it's like taking the bars and twisting them to the left while some GIANT holds the front tire and forks - the bars just don't seem - or look - straight).

The bars do add to the overall appearance of the bike and, once you mount them with the "correct" instructions, they vibrate very little.[8D]

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with the Radius bars, but have heard many times about them sometimes being out of line. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] Wonder why this is not checked before they are shipped. [xx(][?]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Out of curiosity, do the Radius, Flat, TT, etc type bars interfere with anyone being able to clearly see the tach instrument cluster at all?

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
The linement of the Rad Bars are fine. If you are a total perfectionist who measure's down to the micro millimeter then I can see why it would bother you, but the actual imperfection, if you want to even call it that, is so minor I wonder why anyone would even make a deal out of nothing. The Radius Bars are a Quality product for the cost. If one looks long enough at any product you will find an imperfection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can you please tell me how to get the " Right Instuctions)?

Thanks for your input[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Spear Warrior

I have the Rad' Bars too; as a matter of fact, I'm on my second set. The bars are great except for two things: One, they vibrate much more than the stock bars THE WAY BARON SAYS TO MOUNT THEM and two, mine (both sets) don't seemed to be perfectly aligned.[V]

The alignment was the same with both bars (it's like taking the bars and twisting them to the left while some GIANT holds the front tire and forks - the bars just don't seem - or look - straight).

The bars do add to the overall appearance of the bike and, once you mount them with the "correct" instructions, they vibrate very little.[8D]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Originally posted by dbarnet

Can you please tell me how to get the " Right Instuctions)?

Thanks for your input[8D]

dbarnet,
I am in the process of working on detailed instruction's to include running control wire's internally. I should be done in a few days.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts