RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve lived in south Texas my whole life and San Antonio for 15 years , if anyone in San Antonio wants to talk Warrior and see my project please let me know. I’m in need of advice, parts , and general info about this beastie.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tank is off and getting dents pulled, the bike runs , but while cleaning it and learning about it I have found a few things to fix, a coil wire has pulled out of the boot, there are some badly repaired wires, a rear tire made for a small car has been installed and needs to be replaced. I hope I don’t fudge it up.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Well you look like a handy guy so what better way to learn than hands on. Don't be afraid to "fudge" it up cause it can always be fixed. Pretty much with any new ride/toy I get I start with the basics like fluids and consumables/maintenance items. I then take alot of the "ride" apart to inspect pretty much everything like structurally, to wiring, brakes, bearings.....My wife always makes fun of me she is like "you just got this thing and you already have it apart all over the place".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That’s the plan, I’m always nervous to open something up , so far this bike is in good shape except for the obvious cosmetic defects, and dumb rear tire. I rode it around before I took the tank off and was surprised at how powerful it was, after these little fixes I think it’s gonna fly. I’m currently investigating the location of the decomp solenoid, it’s slow to turn over and I bet the solenoid is bad.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
If you search around a bit you will see all these big cubed bikes are a bit slow to turn over. Does your bike start.....if so then no problem. Start with fresh copper plugs.
Start by fixing that loose coil wire.
Check the ground cable to make sure it is in good condition if not replace it with a heavier gauge wire and a nice clean contact point.
Make sure that the battery is healthy as the stock battery (210cc) is the bare minimum for this beast,
Fix any suspect wiring (as something might be drawing power)
I see that your rear end has been cleaned up and there are no front turn signals....read up on C.O.D. (Click of Death)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will do, these are the things I like to do , along with sanding and repainting the tins/ body work. I am missing the covers for both sides of the engine, I don’t mind the right side being open but the other side has those giant ugly coils that I would like to hide.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another thing, I’m not certain what all the previous owner has done but everywhere I look I see upgrades and or custom placement of things on this bike. I’m hoping he did a clutch upgrade the reason I am hopefull is because the clutch lever is mighty stiff.

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,752 Posts
I see that you have hot DC2-1 Coils. I have them too. Run a WTB ad for the stock coil bracket and fasteners. You'll maybe find one very cheap. Separate. There are undertank relocation plates in the Documentation forum Table of Contents so browse there for pdf jpg help. I hated these coils being under the tank. Pita. So I put them in stock location. There's posts around here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok , th as t might add irk out well, but I do not want them under the tank either. I need a lot of little things, I need to start a list

1 - 20 of 33 Posts