RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've liked the Warriors since I saw one a few years back, but I've pretty much also been a track guy so cruisers of any sort have been put wayy on the back burner. I started off on a Yamaha and for the past couple years I had switched over to Honda, but at the end of last year I picked up a new R6 when they released the '07s.

Here lately though I've been looking to get one more and more so I've been thinking of picking one up later this summer. Can you guys tell me anything to look for on these bikes in particular?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Hey Tibbett, welcome to the site my friend. The best thing that you can do is to spend a little time on the Forums & in the Galleries and get a feel for the Warrior and what the owners on here do with them. Be aware that there have been a few Recalls for the Warrior (various for different years) and you will see that in the 'Recalls' section on the site. Clearly you'll want to know whether any recalls relevent to the year that you are looking at have been completed.

Best advice that I can give you is to buy used, you'll get a much better price although you may need to shop around for a bit as Warriors can be a touch rare in some places. Check what mods have been done (PCIII & Pipes normally as a minimum) and then all of the normal type stuff, service history, has it been over on it's side and so on and so on. Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Good advice from Brit_Warrior. If you find a used one that has not had the recalls done, Yamaha will still do them as warranty. In your browsing the site you might notice that when the recalls are done most of the members have had other mods done at the same time. Since the mechanic is already there, certain mods have been done at no charge for labor. Therefor the recalls aren't a bad thing. If I would have known about them I would have tried to find one with no recalls done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I know last time I was down at Deal's Gap I saw quite a few Warriors down there and shot a few pictures of them as they went by..actually the only cruiser pics I took.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gman

Good advice from Brit_Warrior. If you find a used one that has not had the recalls done, Yamaha will still do them as warranty. In your browsing the site you might notice that when the recalls are done most of the members have had other mods done at the same time. Since the mechanic is already there, certain mods have been done at no charge for labor. Therefor the recalls aren't a bad thing. If I would have known about them I would have tried to find one with no recalls done.

That's a big +1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts