RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently bought my 03 warrior and I took it for my first "long" ride yesterday(over 50 miles). After riding for about 30 minutes, when we go through a town and slow down to around 25mph, I would have an issue where the engine would sputter and kinda jerk me around. Then when trying to accelerate out of town I would lose some power in 1st and second. Then I would sometimes have an issue where the engine would shudder while cruising @ 50+mph. Any ideas?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will call Yamaha on Tuesday. I put my vin in the NHTSA website and it said I have 0 unrepaired recalls. But I assume I still need to call Yamaha to see what recalls have been done?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Have you tried to play with the idle screw? Raise it so it sits at about 950-975ish with a heated up engine. Check if this will smoothen out the ride. Also check your vacuum hoses that go from your lcv to your throttle bodies and make sure they don't leak. I would personally check the coil connections as well as the battery ground cable.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
Check ur CPS
Or sometimes it could be you LAC
It's right behind the kickstand..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Check ur CPS
Or sometimes it could be you LAC
It's right behind the kickstand..

What does LAC stand for? Do you mean LAS "lean angle sensor"?
Can you post a pic of what it looks like? I've tried to Google it and find it in the manual to no avail. Need a little help.

Also as a side note. I rode my bike today for 4 , 15 minute rides and I had no trouble or loss of power. Seems to really only have issues when doing rides over 30 minutes. I also checked the battery cables. They were tight.

·
Premium Member
8,349 Posts
What does LAC stand for? Do you mean LAS "lean angle sensor"?
Can you post a pic of what it looks like? I've tried to Google it and find it in the manual to no avail. Need a little help.
The LAS is located behind the Left Hand (LH) Horn.
The LH Horn is removed in the enclosed photo. The arrow points to the LAS electrical plug

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
When mine acts up I spray it with some dielectric Cleaner..
I believe that's what it's called.
Also u can disable it..
Theres a thread on how to do it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I took the bike out this past Sunday. Almost the same exact ride as last time. This time, no issues. The only thing I did to the bike was clean the K&N BAK stealth air filters. I cleaned them and reoiled them. The two smaller filters were **** near dripping with oil. The filters that were attached to the throttle body were not seated properly and they practically popped off when I began to take them off. Also, on the previous ride I think I was riding in the wrong gears. When I was going 60mph in 4th gear the rpms were around 2500, 5th gear was at like 2200. So I just kept it in 4th. But throughout the ride I tried to keep the rpms as high as I felt comfortable. I'll keep you guys posted, but maybe the issue was just from dirty & not properly seated air filters?

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
One of them is for the Crankcase overflow
As u can say.

The other one just cant remember exactly what's its for..

But do knw that both are needed

1 - 20 of 47 Posts