RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't noticed there is a lot more spamming going on with the new system. Until more restrictive measures are put in for new member registration (like email confirmations) we are probably going to continue to see this. I am removing and locking down these accounts as fast as I can find them. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to find them all. That's where you come in. Under every persons name in a post is a little exclamation point
just click on it and it will report the offending post directly to my email and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your help

·
Administrator
28,394 Posts
Oops, I accidently hit the
in reply to your post about spam . . .

Not Really! Just Kidding!

Seriously, this is handy to know. Thanks for attacking all the spam for us.

If you haven't noticed there is a lot more spamming going on with the new system. Until more restrictive measures are put in for new member registration (like email confirmations) we are probably going to continue to see this. I am removing and locking down these accounts as fast as I can find them. Unfortunately it's going to be hard to find them all. That's where you come in. Under every persons name in a post is a little exclamation point
just click on it and it will report the offending post directly to my email and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for your help

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
No problem Sangathor, I got a virus from one of those spammers from the old site so I am all about helping be rid of them!!

At my tattoo forum for registration they have the: enter the messed up letters and numbers you see in the colored picture and then a simple math problem like 3+3=? and you have to input an answer into both question boxes before you can be a registered user. Would something along those lines be applicable for our registration?

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At my tattoo forum for registration they have the: enter the messed up letters and numbers you see in the colored picture and then a simple math problem like 3+3=? and you have to input an answer into both question boxes before you can be a registered user. Would something along those lines be applicable for our registration?
It sure would. I hope the people doing the conversion are listening.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
I clicked on the report button yesterday and he had the spam off of the forum almost immediately.:D

·
Vendor
3,448 Posts
Yes I got it. It goes right to my email so no need to re-post here. I'm usually online a few times a day, so you have to give me a little time to get to them.
Yea I figured it wasn't instant, was just a heads up is all. Sorry if I seemed pushy...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I was going to mention the amount of spam also but I thought it would take a couple of days or more to work out all the kinks from switching over. Thanks Sangathor, I'm sure your buisy along with the conversion team.

·
Super Moderator
8,496 Posts
Im getting the e-mails too, if Steve doesn't get to the spammers I will too. Please keep up the alerts. I get them on my cell and can get to them pretty quickly if I have it with me.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW, please don't reply to the SPAM by directly quoting in your reply. It doesn't help me find it and when I do I have to edit it out of your post to remove it and doubles my work.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
sorry that was me....sorry...delete the whole thing...shall i...yes why not...i'll do that then...sorry...did i say how sorry i was....[scuttle scuttle]

vaporized!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts