RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I knock out my baffles on my OEM pipes of my 2005 V-star custom to get more volume (loud pipes saves lives) I live in the hills and want the deer to hear me coming. I don't want to offset othr features of the bike looking for loud.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jilllilett

...... I live in the hills and want the deer to hear me coming.......

It doesnt help. A buddy of mine wrecked his Harley hitting a deer and he had shorties on his bike. If theyre going to run out, they will run out. I dont think deer care or think too much about anything.....lol.

Dave

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I saw something on another forum about a device which you can fit to your bike that emmits a noise, inaudible to humans, that frightens the deer off. Sorry I can't be more specific. It might be worth a search.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
**** Deer....dumber than a box of rocks...the only thing that scares them is that deer piss hunters put on to kill em!! My bike is deafiningly loud, Samson Street sweepers straight through and they don't even flinch when I pop it! This is why we eat them /emoticons/emotion-5.gif

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Badger

I saw something on another forum about a device which you can fit to your bike that emmits a noise, inaudible to humans, that frightens the deer off. Sorry I can't be more specific. It might be worth a search.

Those don't work either. If you really want to try them, I can send you the busted up ones from my collision with deer (they were on my car)....

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I find that my motorcycle exhaust sound scares them alot more than those little pieces of crap. I haven't ridden around and night in the country all that much, but when I do, the deer seem to scatter pretty well ahead of me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts