RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I started with a matte black, slightly used fairing that I bought from member 1s4255.

I added 1 chopped up Grill Frying Pan,

And some gloss black paint and some gloss red paint to get this....

Put the horn inside the Cowl then added it to a Midnight Warrior to come up with this SEXY @$$ BIKE!!!

Now if it would stop FRIGGIN SNOWING I could enjoy a ride with the finished product!

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
WOW.. bj... that'sthe lovely looking thing!!..and the way you got there 'awesome'..now they'll be a run on grill frying pans [never seen one like that this side of the pond ..about to look all the same!!!] .. amazing how 2 completely different ways of using the L&M [yours and Az] can both look so good!! - very clever - and where did the horn go [as i'm bout to try and copy that!!] - assuming you stuck the grill in?... andassuming that is was a 'stainless' grill pan how did the paint stick so well?
[*]

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tomba said:
WOW.. bj... that'sthe lovely looking thing!!..and the way you got there 'awesome'..now they'll be a run on grill frying pans [never seen one like that this side of the pond ..about to look all the same!!!] .. amazing how 2 completely different ways of using the L&M [yours and Az] can both look so good!! - very clever - and where did the horn go [as i'm bout to try and copy that!!] - assuming you stuck the grill in?... andassuming that is was a 'stainless' grill pan how did the paint stick so well?

[*]

The Low and Mean I got, had the horn relocation holes already drilled and set. The horn is mounted to the bottom "flap" of the fairing right behind the bottom screen. Its a tight fit between the horn and the oil filter but if you angle the horn bracket a little, it fits right in.

To get the paint to stick I used some 220grit sand paper and sanded the fairing and the frying pan. Then I used some new pain that is "univeral" and stick to "everything". I am hoping it lasts a while, we will see. I did 2 coats on the fairing and on the frying pan.

With paint drying time and adhesive drying times, this whole process took about 30 minutes a day for 3 days. Easy to do, really self explanitory, just watching paint dry. lol

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tomba said:
thanks for that bj....a man on a mission....if that paint had dryed instantly, you'd have beentaking those photos in a couple of hours!!!blimey mate..hope that snow melts real soon

No problem man, just a word of advice with the horn, give yourself an extra second to think it through. The brack has to be bent the right way to make everything work right. Then, mount it inside the fairing and immediatly go out and see if it all fits snug. You will more than likely have to re-adjust it. Dont over tighten anything, the fairing will crack. There is no need to though, you can get everything on and snug without being to tough on it.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Those Low and Mean fairings always look so good and there are so many things like that you can do to make them more unique compared to the Yamaha one. I remember one person used a mesh trash can and another even used chicken coop mesh I believe to get the look they wanted. Nice job BJ.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks great! No worries about blocking too much air travel to the heads? I don't think i could get away with that backing down in FL.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The hottest day on of the year here might break 95.

We are typically in the 85-95 range during summer. But in the Winter we hit -10's...

I dont think that air flow would be too big of a deal in anycase do to the speed of the air. If you were just puttin around town all day you MIGHT run into a problem, thing is, you would probably have an issue without the L&M...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dude! That is so cool! I've never seen a toaster like that!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Scott said:
Dude! That is so cool! I've never seen a toaster like that!

That, my friend, is the ultra rare WARITOASTIOR...

High Gloss Red, Black trim...

burns everything. lol

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Nice looking mod! And if you get hungry you can always wire a brat to it! Wait, might need powder coat for that. . .

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
slngshott said:
Looks good.I have a chrome mesh in my yami one to go wit all te chrome.

It actually looked pretty good with the grill just steel, but I am going for the no chrome if possible look.

I think the red catches the eye a bit more too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts