RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the clutch in and engine idling I hear a schick-schick -schick sound from the rear at 20 mph and under- even with my helmet on. Noise does not change when the brakes are hit. Kinda annoying but has only been doing it a few days - any ideas? -normal?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually - I took a looong drillbit and drilled 3 7/16 holes in the baffle -then took a long 7/8 tapered punch and knocked into the center hole - this opened up about a 1" hole in the baffle and made the bike a lot louder. You'll hear it on the 21st- its not bigshots loud but good nuf for free.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
That just happened to me. I found that a small stone had snuck up by the front pulley. The stone was small enough that it nestled in between the pulley and the case, and only made noise if the bike was leaned to the left. Drove me crazy until I justed started taking things apart and found the culprit.

I love the belt because it is quiet, clean and smooth. But, I already have one hole in my belt from a stone, and now this......

TJ

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Sounds like some type of a final drive thing, if the belt looks straight and undamaged the next culprit would be the clutch and throughout bearing. Put it on a stand and see if you can find anything by turning the rear wheel.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine started making the same noise when I changed my wheels. I think I overtightened the belt tension and the bearing started making the noise. I think it might be the bearing in the rear wheel.

aloha
garett

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lifted the bike up this afternoon- all I get is a loud ass creaking sound from the front pulley. Pulled the front pulley cover off and found nothing amiss. ???? wtf??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts