RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so Santa is bringing me a Yammi lower cowl his year. I was looking for ideas for the inserts. I like the mesh, but not oppoosed to metal inserts. Are there any pros or cons to either? Any ideas or pics would be great. I found som mesh at Lowes, but not the look I wanted, any creative ideas for where to find mesh ?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I am getting a Low and Mean Cowl this year too. I'm not planning on paying the $40 bucks or so for mesh from the site but when I do find some mesh I like, I will paint it red. Should add a pretty nice element to the whole Midnight thing ya know.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I looked around forever for some honeycomb mesh that was reasonably priced but didn't have any luck. I used gutter mesh from lowes and it looks descent. Eventually I will go to the low and mean cowl. In the pics that I posted yesterday in the pics forum you can see what I am talking about.

·
Registered
893 Posts
think you can buy this at lowe's or something, but i found mesh for the AC vents you find at office drop down ceilings. i cut it up and painted it black. love it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
BJMartin said:
I am getting a Low and Mean Cowl this year too. I'm not planning on paying the $40 bucks or so for mesh from the site but when I do find some mesh I like, I will paint it red. Should add a pretty nice element to the whole Midnight thing ya know.

funny that's exactly what i got planned, to paint it red. except i am going to add a swiss cross to it.

i found some mesh on Ebay . i can take a pic and post it here i have too much if someone wants some.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I got my mesh at wal-mart. It is in the paint dept. It was a frame with the mesh made to set a bucket of paint on a ladder. I cut out the mesh, glued to the inner part of my chin cowl with black silicone. Been there about 3 or 4 years with no probs.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jabo said:
I got my mesh at wal-mart. It is in the paint dept. It was a frame with the mesh made to set a bucket of paint on a ladder. I cut out the mesh, glued to the inner part of my chin cowl with black silicone. Been there about 3 or 4 years with no probs.
Yeah I think I know what your talking about. Everywhere I go now I'm looking at stuff, thinking...could I use that?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arizona Warrior said:
I have some of this stainless steel mesh left over.

Yeah I have some of that too, thank you though. I think I want something with a denser mesh, or something totally "out of the box".

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts