RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a used lower cowl from another member and am unclear as to how to install it. could someone point me in the right direction? thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
It goes over your oil filter at the lower front of your frame. Do yourself a favor, lose the screw clamps and opt for zip ties. You'll thank me for that bit ofinfo.!

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Get your nuts and bolt and some small fingers. I slipped a rubber washer between my Cowl and my frame just for good measure.

They go in right above the rectifier. Pretty easy, than I zip tied mine underneath. I used METAL ZIPTIES from home depot. I get some COLD weather here on occaision and I didnt want the plastic ones to break. I havent had luck with those in cold weather on other things. They thread on real easy cause you can bend em to wrap around whatever. Thing is, you need a dremel to take em off. Either that or a LOT of patience.

Works nice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys, i think i'll use zip ties. One day i will put up some pics of the crap load mods i'm in the process of doing.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I cut a hole in the bottom of mine to extract the filter through. I don't have to remove the cowl, for an oil change.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
There are good pics on a website called "brians backyard" or something. I don't have the link saved on this computer, but maybe someone else can remember it. I'm sure the guy who did it is a member.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found the website, but think i am missing some parts. maybe i don't need them, but they appear to be the 2 bars thatmount to the2 sets of holes on the bottom of the cowl. does anyone have pics of how they are mounted from the bottom side using zip ties? thanks all

1 - 12 of 12 Posts