RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me if there is any benefit in lowering you bike apart from the look,[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] and if I did lower it do you have to increase the spring tension, because of two up.
Then what happens if I join the 260 [^]

Insert Image:

34.27 KBclub aren't the rims 18" or dose't it make any difference.[:I]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
the bike will look really cool when you lower it (not if).

lean angle is diminished. Seems like a lot of folks get heavier springs.
I didn't, and have no problem riding two up.
And I have been known to date some big girls.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Engles1,

I have lowered mine and run a 240mm rear tire with an 18" rim...Two up is no problem, unless you plan to ride on some pretty bumpy roads or over BIG potholes.

In my opinion, a lowered Warrior with a FAT tire on the rear is nothing but Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
I have not lowered yet but in anticipation of doing so and adding the 240 or 260 I put on the 1100 spring to handle the extra weight of the bigger tire and rim.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i have mine lowered with the pcs kit and am running a 260 wheel with the factory spring. my wife has her own bike so i cant tell you about 2 up, but everything else is fine. def. lower it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I lowered about 1.5" kept the stock spring - never ride two up
I like the overall feel much better - feel more in control
also like begin totally flat-footed at stops.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm lowered 1.5 with stock spring. I got a single seater so no 2 up here. The look is PHAT!! Go ahead and lower that baby.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I lowered mine 1.5" in the rear & put 6 degree triple tree's up front to help level the bike out. Looks great but I've dragged the heck out of a set Reinharts (expensive ouch) & DG Hardchrome pipes. Both sides of the frame have taken some scuffs & scraps too, but I ride aggressive in the corners tho. Blacksinister.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I too love the endless ride height settings from the tricky air-ride. Like cruizin low, but ride higher when hittin the curves! [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
27 Posts
What brand lowering kit are you guys using? I have the PCS adjustable on my V-Star 1100 and loved it. Trying to decide what to get for the warrior.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Beardogger

quote:Originally posted by Engles1

Then what happens if I join the 260 [^]

Your butt will look slimmer

lol - I'd have to go to a 330 to make that happen![:I]

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I went with the Barons and replaced the stock spring with the Eibach 1000. The ride is surprisingly better IMHO. I did have to adjust the preload 2 full turns.

I would get the 1000lb Eiach, you will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I went with the Pacific Coast Star lowering links which do not require replacing the bearings and lower the bike around 2 inches. It was done as a necessity so I could plant my foot better on the ground. The bike does look better lower to the ground too!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts