RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey my friends. I am thinking of lowering my 06 Warrior without breaking the bank. My question is how much does it affect the ride if I use the Ebay kit that just brings down the bike? Anyone have experience with this?
Tool Font Office supplies Line Parallel

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
I would get the Baron's kit as it is all steel. That kit uses stainless and aluminum which are terrible together and cause galling. Galling is when the different metals are used together and with force, friction & weather they will usually fuse together. Here is the Baron's and I do agree that this is the best way to lower the Warrior

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would get the Baron's kit as it is all steel. That kit uses stainless and aluminum which are terrible together and cause galling. Galling is when the different metals are used together and with force, friction & weather they will usually fuse together. Here is the Baron's and I do agree that this is the best way to lower the Warrior

Thank you very much! great info

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
As far as the ride, it essentially puts the shock into a shallower portion of the rising rate of the linkage. So you will also to a certain extent put the shock at less of a mechanical advantage which will have the effect of softening the spring and damping.

Reactions: madtom421

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as the ride, it essentially puts the shock into a shallower portion of the rising rate of the linkage. So you will also to a certain extent put the shock at less of a mechanical advantage which will have the effect of softening the spring and damping.
Good point. I know there is some sacrifice just wondered if it was night and day difference or not that bad. I am old, dont want to bottom out every bump lol

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
Just lowering the rear = more difficult turn in, if no twisties & just wanting to look cool go for it.
Front: Slide the tubes up in the trees an inch BUT if you still have the stock brake block it will hit the fender. Black R1 forks are 7/8 shorter than Warrior tubes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts