RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lowered the friont end through the triples?

I lowered the rear and just thought that by lowering the front a little, the geometry wouldn;t change to much and also would not let the front be too light since by doing that the weight is shifted towards tha rear.

Anyone recomend lowering the front? Felt any differences in handling?

What would be a safe margin? 1"; 0.5"?

Thoughts? Ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
I don't have nay issues with my bike lowered in the rear only. It handles just as good as before,

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Guido said:
Has anyone lowered the friont end through the triples?

[*]This is a common mod for those that are vertically challenged![/list]

What would be a safe margin? 1"; 0.5"?

[*]Suggest you use the SEARCH function for the safe limit. Too much and you'll dent your frt fender at the brake hose junction under the triple tree![/list]

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I lowered mine nearly an inch. 7/8 maybe. I havehad no problems with the fender hitting the brake hardwarein over 2 years of riding.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Dont forget the pegs will be that closer to the ground. Noticed easier peg scraping after the drop.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Just be careful when torqing the clamps down. I lowered mine and when torqing the clamps to the proper specs the triple tree cracked.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
My wife's Warrior, had the back lowered using PCS lowering kit, the front is lowered 3/4 of an inch, via the triple clamps. And then the front wheel was swaped with a '99 R6 17 inch wheel. Great set up for the short of inseam, and the bike feels lighter, with the smaller front wheel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts