RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Where is the best place to buy a lowering kit and a side mount lic holder. im not finding any at the places im looking.

and second, how hard is it to to the lowering kit?

Thanks

Type o

·
Registered
556 Posts
I just had looney custom seats strech my stock dog bones, and supply a progressive spring that is 850lbs. to 1200lbs. Took it out today, and it rides fantastic and handles well. There has been alot of talk about the progressive springs not fitting our shock, but this one is made for a roadstar, the only diff is that it is about a 1/4" shorter than stock.

http://www.looneyseats.com/

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
the kit cycleimage offers is $180 and does lowering as well as raising. PCS lowering kit (http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/prod_acc_w_loweringkit.htm) is a lot cheaper at around $90 and lowers the rear 1-3/4", should be done w/ better spring or else you're gonna bottom out. The FREE way to go is Frankenstein's flip&grind and it lowers about 2". Depend on which kit you buy, it takes anywhere from 30 min. to an hour and it's not hard at all if you have a motorcycle jack. I have a PCS lowering kit that I'm not using anymore. PM me if you want it, I'll cut you a deal.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][^]

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just put in the PCS lowering arms and a Progressive spring and it's awesome. Only took 45 minutes going slow and methodical. The rear tire was off (becoming a 240, so it was very easy). I bought mine from Phats Performance Cycles, but I would check ozz out first.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the lowering kit from Cycle Image on the way. Definitely looking forward to installing that. Side mount license plate brackets are a whole entire monster themselves. It totally depends on what you want. I bought a plain side mount bracket from cuisercustomizing.com. Then I went and bought a license plate frame with LED's also from cruisercustomizing.com I think. I then put the 2 together and got the look that I wanted.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
If you want to consider another option to lowering, Progressive suspension 420, shock spring combo, comes in stock height and a -1 inch for the same effect (slammed) and you compromise nothing but smiles. Side mount, I picked mine up from ebay and got the LED lic frame from custom dynamics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts