RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about lowering my 05. I saw the lowering link at Barons, but bearing are not included. Do the bearings have to be pressed in? Are there any other options to concider while shopping?

Also I see mixed reviews. Some people say it is the best mod they have done, while others say the rear tire rubs. What's the straight deal? I am planning on getting the 1000lb spring, but don't want the rear to rub. I weigh in at just over 200lb with gear.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Well, I can only speak to the flip and grind which lowered it almost 2" and it looks a lot better. I'm 185 unloaded and I was told that you should tighten the spring preload all the way up. I've also got a pretty leaned forward angle due to my bars so no all my weight isn't over the back. However, I did the spring preload and it was pretty stiff so I loosened a bit and it is much better. It does not rub. I would lower it and then find out if you need the spring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the barons lowering link on my 04 you do need to press new bearings into the new link pressing the old ones out will def ruin them also the instructions that come with it are for a road-star not a warrior so there useless you need not remove anything other than the relay arm and when you install the swing arm bolt you have to lift the rear tire as much as possible to line it up this kit will lower you about 1.5 inches and you should stiffen the shock damper at least 2 clicks I'm only 170 lbs haven had any rubbing issues good luck Nixter

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I got the adjustable one from Cycle Image and 1K lb spring....I like the idea i can lower it and lifted with out a problem.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Oh.... and no bearings to worry about.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here is a link to the lowering kit I used. It works pretty good, no bearings to deal with and can be returned to stock if necessary. I ran the spring adjustment up.
http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/prod_acc_w_loweringkit.htm

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did the PCS lowering kit with a Progressive Spring, I'm digging it so far. I need to post new pics with the kit, my profile pics are stock height

·
Registered
4 Posts
quote:Originally posted by oldtoytech

Here is a link to the lowering kit I used. It works pretty good, no bearings to deal with and can be returned to stock if necessary. I ran the spring adjustment up.

You have a pic of your bike lowered now. I am very interested in this kit.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I just added the CI adjustable lift/Lower kit and love it. I have the PCS lower kit with 1000lbs spring and was scraping my bigshots and frame all of the time. With the new adjustable I can adjust it higher than I'm willing to lean. I will have to get used to riding high. I adjused it up almost as high as it would go and I had to stand on my toes at a stop sign. I think it's the best way to go. Two thumbs up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Devious_Warrior

quote:Originally posted by oldtoytech

You have a pic of your bike lowered now. I am very interested in this kit.

Check out my pics in my gallery. The rear shot is before I lowered it, and the side is after. I got mine from them. I haven't had to adjust my rear shock. Took a long ride down the coast with a rider, and didn't have any rubbing problems...although my rider weighed about 100lbs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
okay, now that i have my 240 kit on, with the pcs lowering kit and progressive spring, it bottoms out and hits the gusset in the fender on big dips and bumps. The guys at Pacific Coast Star assured me that it wouldn't, but it does, after tightening the tension on the spring as much as I could within guidelines, it's better but still bottoms. I would definitely get the Eibach spring if i had to do it over. but the pcs is a nice way to go in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I bought the PCS lowering kit from another forum member and also put the 1000lb Eibach spring in as well. I can't take sharp right turns as speed as I scrape my American Classics, especially riding 2 up. The spring is as stiff as it can go and I still scrape them with my wife on. However, with both of us on the bike we exceed the 400lb weight limit of the bike by about 30lbs. I'm thinking of putting the stock bones in during 2 up trips.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
In case you haven't read all th elinks, here's a quick run down
Barons - need bearings - PITA!!
PCS - Don't need bearings - fixed at 1 3/4 lower
Cycle image - no bearings - adjustable
Flip and grind - just shy of 2 inches I think - NOT reversable

1 - 13 of 13 Posts