RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered the rear of my 03 warrior with a barons kit (haven't had it out since the mod) and was wondering if it was necessary to lower the front end and if so how do I do that? I'm also using a stock spring. Should I upgrade to the 1000# spring even if I ride solo and weigh about 200#? Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There is no need to lower the front end in my opinion. I have lowered mine about 2 inches and have not lowered the front end. As far as the spring goes, you really don't nees one if you don't ride two up but if you do any two up riding you will need to change your spring.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I lowered the rear and put the 1000 pound spring in it. Then I slid the tree down the forks about 3/4" and it looks good and rides fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is two ways to lower your front end. One way is to put 6 degree triple trees on this lowered mine a inch and three quarter. The other way to put a jack under it you can buy these at Sams club for about a hundred dollars seem pricey but well worth it. I jack mine up for the winter to get the weight off the tires. but anyway loosen your clamps let your forks slide up no more and a half inch max and this will lower it. On your spring if you solo ride only it is fine. Hope this helped

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
lowering the frontend has a larger effect on corner clearance than lowering the rear end!
i'd never lower the rear end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts