RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think one of the first mods I would like to do with my new warrior is lower the rear end of using the baron 1.5" lowering bracket. I have read that there are bearings that need to be purchased along with the bracket. Where can I purchase them?

Is the mod difficult to do?
Does it make a signigicant difference when corning?
Does it really make the bike that much more unstable on the side stand?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
pcs kit is like $90/shipped, takes about 30 mins to install and you dont have to mess with any bearings.

other than the compromised cornering clearance- i love it.

the looks of it being lowered far outweigh the clearance issue.

take a look in my gallery for an idea of what itll look like.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have mine slammed preety hard with the FNG and the lowered links and I still dont have any sidestand instability. I have not slammed it into the corners too much yet, I've only had it a couple of weeks but I came from an R6 and I am very close to the edge of this tire so I dont see too much issues. Pegs will hit a lot easier but I havent drug anything else (yet).

Insert Image:

92.34KB

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
quote:Originally posted by davecarney

I have mine slammed preety hard with the FNG and the lowered links and I still dont have any sidestand instability. I have not slammed it into the corners too much yet, I've only had it a couple of weeks but I came from an R6 and I am very close to the edge of this tire so I dont see too much issues. Pegs will hit a lot easier but I havent drug anything else (yet).

Haha, you will with a double lowering job. Infact, if you ever do any traveling with gear or a passenger, you'll probably bottom out. I've never owned a sport bike but my pcs lowering kit makes it a piece of cake to scrape my pegs, peg brackets, exhaust, exhaust brackets and frame (and sometimes my helmet and tank [:I]).

To answer the original question, get the pcs kit, or ci kit, or do the flip and grind, they are much easier to install.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ya gotta love the lowered look.

Being lowered keeps me sane in the corners although like "sangathor" said I've pretty much dragged every part he mention and then some[xx(]

Plus it's tough getting my bike "into the house" and or onto a trailer due to it being lowered. (you've just gotta be careful)

I even bottomed out in a nasty driveway transition once. (I don't go there anymore...)

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feeback everyone. I am able to download the installation instructions for the Baron kit...does anyone have the instructions for the PCS kit so I can see how they differ? Is one kit better than the other?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the sping that is available on the PCS website? It has an increasing spring rate from 825 to 1200 lbs...

·
Registered
169 Posts
i lowered mine with a tricky air... boy that is low. i like riding rigid so i ride with mine all the way down, but this way i can get the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jmobs30

Where can I get a PCS kit?

Thanks

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/prod_acc_w_loweringkit.htm

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When replacing the spring how do you go about compressing the spring? I would think its not too easy to compress a 1000# spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts