RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Was referred here by a fellow forum member from SVRider.com. Great site here.

I currently ride a 2000 VFR, but have come to the conclusion, I am NOT a sport rider. So I am looking for a muscle cruiser. At first, the Warrior was not on my list. I was looking at either a used Magna, or a VTX. But after looking into the Warrior. I believe it fits my personaility and what I want in a Badass cruiser. Gonna head to the dealer tonite to sit on one.

There is one on the craiglist near me....... a 2004 with about 2K miles on it, asking $8000. Sounds like a decent deal. I dont like the few mods he did, so I will sell them, and install the mods I want.... if I get it.

I thnk the Warrior will be a great compliment to the GTO in the garage.

Anyone in NW Jerzey wanna let me try theirs?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Thanks

Troy

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
If you lurk at the dealer long enough, he'll give you a good deal to just go away....welcome, you'll love the Warrior.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Once you ride a Warrior an unfamiliar incredible feeling will take you over. Shaking it is impossible. Won't matter if you're riding or not after that first cruise. It's inescapable. If you have any thoughts about not being completely consumed, I advise you to run quickly away from any Warrior you see. It may be too late for you since your eyes have already been cast upon the beast and you have become mezmorized to an extent already. This is a sickness! You will see some of the sickest rides in these galleries. There is no turning back! You have been warned! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][^][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. if you are riding a VFR now, you will love the fact that this bike still handles well for a big cruiser. and you are right the Warrior will look better in the garage next to the GTO than a VFR, or a VTX for that matter. you will lose a little top end speed compared to the VFR though. but that low end torque will make up for that. good luck on your search. let us know if you get one. BTW whats under the hood of the GTO, tri power, 396, blown 454?

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum. With a GTO in your garage, you need a bike just as bad ass as the GTO, and the Warrior fits the bill. Good luck, and happy hunting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I went to the dealer to sit on one. Ok, I am in!!! Just gotta sell the VFR, and then decide new or used.
I am really not gonna mod it up too much. Probably just a pipe. If I get the drag racing bug bad, I will look at mild performance mods, but that is all.

The GTO is all original. 400, 4 speed

Thanx guys....... I cant wait to get one

·
Registered
735 Posts
Good for you. Coming from a sport bike you'll like the weight,handling and power of the Warrior over other choices. And, you've got this 4m. This place is almost as addicting as the bike. [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi. My name is HondaGal and I'm a lurker too. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

Actually, I'm shopping for one and am waiting to take the Warrior out on a test run. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

I'm in NJ too...Somerset County but do alot of riding in the western parts.

I currently ride a '99 VFR and a CBR954 and was looking for something less sporty but has some get-up-n-go...looks like the Warrior will fit that bill nicely. Just gotta make room for one more bike.

This is a wonderful site and one of the few I that has a great knowledge base, lots of info, and what seems to be a good bunch of guys I hope you don"t mind a gal getting into your mix>

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I now have the VFR up for sale. As soon as it sells, the next decision will have to be made....... New or Used Warrior. Yamaha does have 5.9% for up to 72mo. But I also have a lead on a used 2004 with low miles for $8K so it will be a tough decision.

HondaGal...... if I get mine before you.... I am in Morris County, you are more then welcome to take it for a spin.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome to 67GTONUT and hondagal! Once you get one I'm pretty sure you won't be sorry!

·
Registered
31 Posts
quote:Originally posted by 67GTONUT

Well, I now have the VFR up for sale. As soon as it sells, the next decision will have to be made....... New or Used Warrior. Yamaha does have 5.9% for up to 72mo. But I also have a lead on a used 2004 with low miles for $8K so it will be a tough decision.

HondaGal...... if I get mine before you.... I am in Morris County, you are more then welcome to take it for a spin.

Awww...that's awfully sweet of you 67GTONUT. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I'm getting my test ride in the next week. It'll be a Yamaha factory test ride so I'm hoping for a nice long fun ride. I hope you decide on which one you want, although I prefer not to buy anyone else's headaches....the low financing rate is nice too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by hondagal

quote:Originally posted by 67GTONUT

Awww...that's awfully sweet of you 67GTONUT. [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I'm getting my test ride in the next week. It'll be a Yamaha factory test ride so I'm hoping for a nice long fun ride. I hope you decide on which one you want, although I prefer not to buy anyone else's headaches....the low financing rate is nice too.

Where & when is the test ride? I might join in on the fun!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts