RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been a member of this board and was prodded by another member that I met @ the ROT rally this past weekend to finally start posting.

Little bit about about me, my name is Joe, I'm 34, single (thus my ability to buy toys and keep them), Systems Adminstrator and own an '02 Indigo Warrior that I bought second hand from a guy who kept it in mint condition and had only put 2200 miles on it in 3 years. I myself have put 22,000 miles on it in just over a years time. Is it me or do others have trouble getting mileage out of their rear tires? [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] In those 22k miles, I'm on my 6th rear tire and 3rd front. What can I say? The Hill Country roads are hard on tires!

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Glad you finally posted! And was nice to meet you down in Austin. I have gone thru about 5 back tires and need a third for the front. Welcome to the forum, and try not to be a Lurker!!

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
Welcome aboard. It's not just you. These tires are soft for grip and with the warrior's weight and torque, they are short timers. But the wow factor is amazing.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Not really sure if I should say 'welcome Joe' as it looks like you've been around for quite a while, how's about 'nice to finally meet you' ? Welcome to th boards anyway, 22,000 miles in a year? That's some pretty hard riding, I suppose that you guys have the weather for all year riding over there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I have been lurking for awhile now. I was pre-occupied with racing Personal Watercraft for awhile until the sport died. Now, I'm into riding all the time. I just recently purchased an '06 Yamaha FZ1 so I won't put so many hard miles on my Warrior. I'm to the point that I've dragged frame on my Warrior through the twisties enough so I decided to split the abuse between bikes and put more of the "cruise" back into my Warrior riding.

Brit Warrior- Yes, we do have nice temperate weather to ride in for most of the year here in Central Texas. There is probably only a month or two around Feb. that it becomes a might too chilly to be out riding.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Welcome to the posting madness, Joe. I have a problem with rear tires too. For some reason, I have to change it about every 2000 miles or so. At 18k, I'm due for #9 in a few weeks.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Welcome at last, i felt someone looking over our posts already a long time but never did he speak up finnaly you are there...[/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Welcome aboard, belatedly, and congrats on your well used Warrior, judging by your post and the pic in your gallery! I don't think there's much chance of my scraping my frame, at least on purpose!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Many thanks for the hospitality ya'll!

Yeah, I said it, I'm from Texas, what do you expect?!?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts