RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD******************M/C Enterprises Sissy Bar with Pad

Used, but barely. Has been on my bike 3 times. LIKE NEW, but missing 1 bolt. I'm buying a new seat so I don't need it. Works with Stock, Corbin.... probably any seat. Will work with 2002 & 2003 Warriors. 2004 & up seats have different pillion mounting locations. I'll say $150 shipped, but am very open to offers.... nothing sexual!

Makes a great helmet rack! Great for trips to tie bags and what not to.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I found out with my 02 and 08 that the passenger seat is farther aft with the 04 and later (2 piece seat). The earlier design will mechanically fit on the later bikes, but the passenger would be smushed forward into the driver. Not comfortable even with those who you like "smushing" with :cool:.

The later mc enterprises sissy bar extends father aft of the fender stay bolts before the upward bend for the backrest.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still for sale. Like new, free shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I found out with my 02 and 08 that the passenger seat is farther aft with the 04 and later (2 piece seat). The earlier design will mechanically fit on the later bikes, but the passenger would be smushed forward into the driver. Not comfortable even with those who you like "smushing" with :cool:.

The later mc enterprises sissy bar extends father aft of the fender stay bolts before the upward bend for the backrest.
I have the MC Ent' sissy bar which I have used with a boulevard passenger seat on an 06 bike.... works fine.
I didn't experience any "smushing" - (darn it!) although my wife is small.
I didnt realise there were different models....I have no idea which one I have. As far as I was aware - they work with all years???

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the MC Ent' sissy bar which I have used with a boulevard passenger seat on an 06 bike.... works fine.
I didn't experience any "smushing" - (darn it!) although my wife is small.
I didnt realise there were different models....I have no idea which one I have. As far as I was aware - they work with all years???
I have a 2002 and was running the 2004 Silver Hotrod Flames tank and fenders with my 02 stock seat. The difference between the 02 & 03, then 04 & up model is probably about 4" if I had to guess.

Here's an old pic that shows the difference. The plugged holes in the fender is where the 04 passenger pillion mounts. There is definitely a difference.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Crescent, if your picture shows the seat you are using, the 02-03 seat might work for you.

I have both versions of the mc sissy bar and just compared them. It looks like the later version moves the backrest aft about 2 inches further than the 02-03 model.

And, as far as "smushing" goes, it looks to me as if the 02-03 drivers will be tighter with a passenger than the 04 and up drivers no matter what with stock seats. The 04 and up design moves the passenger aft 2-4 inches (2 inches if you install the mc enterprises sissy bar, and up to 4 inches without it). The measurement from the top aft end of the fender to the aft end of the passenger seat is around 9 inches 04 and up and around 13 inches 02-03. The contiguous design of the 02-03 seat "starts" the passenger seat closer to the driver than the bigger, separate passenger seat of the 04s and up. Those newer seats are 2 inches wider too.

So, if the usable end of your passenger seat ends around 13" from the top end of your fender, get the older sissy bar. If your seat extends farther aft, go for the newer one.

Here are a few pictures (the installed sissy bar is the 02-03 model on an 02 bike...)

In this one, you can see how the 02-03 sissy bar lines up with the aft of the "shorter" 02 passenger seat. Due to the perspective of the camera, the 04 and up sissy bar in the foreground looks like it extends further than 2" more aft than the 02-03 model. It does not.

This shot shows the difference most accurately:

I had hoped to move the 02-03 mc enterprises sissy bar to my 08 Warrior, but found that it really doesn't work too well. I searched this forum for info and ended up calling mc enterprises because I had a hard time believing that the earlier design wouldn't fit the newer bikes. Hope this helps someone else trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW! Great post man. That is so helpful. Who would have thought that someone would have both. My wife would love if the sissybar pushed her up closer.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Wow - thanks b2002!

I think that clears everything up nicely.
I'll check mine later - it looks like the later one from memory.
The fact that it fits my 06 bike was 100% luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts