RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that this vendor is getting some very high marks for his tail light conversion. I can't find their web address on here, could some one post that for me. I am chopping my rear fender and losing the blinkers. Any suggestions for a good side mount license plate or a bracket that will fit underneath the light. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
flashalert.com I think is the place you are looking for. The have MD Wright. Also try tobefast.com which is McCoy Motorsports. The make one also. Lastly Custom Dynamics.
As far as a good side mount I think BMS choppers has a nice one. It looks great, not cheap like some.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Personally I would like to know if anybody has this tail light. I've been around for a little while and there seems to be no shortage of posts with people complaining about their integrated tail light not working properly. I like the integrated tail light concept, but if it doesn't work correctly I'll just keep the stockers. I don't want to keep sending it back in all the time to get it fixed. It seems these things can't handle the vibration.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'm gonna do the MD Wright integrated tail light over the winter, when the bike is down for the season.

As far as side mount plates, there is a vendor on Ebay doing custom ones or the standard curved axle mounts in black or raw. His listings are under "accufast2d" go to Ebay motors>parts and accessories>motorcycle parts>other parts, for his listings. His name is Todd, and his wife is Debbie. They are making me a custom one that I designed and drew to scale for them. Standard units are $27.99 plus $7.50 shipping. Custom units cost $10.00-$15.00 more. They are really nice to work with.

·
Registered
896 Posts
the one by md wright is very well made. when you get it back, it looks stock. i still don't know how they took it apart and put it back together. it's that well made.

i did own the UFO and it went out on me 3X and i kept sending it back to get repaired. i still have it and i have to send it back, but i replaced my taillight with the md wright and it's all good.

Scoper50 said:
Personally I would like to know if anybody has this tail light. I've been around for a little while and there seems to be no shortage of posts with people complaining about their integrated tail light not working properly. I like the integrated tail light concept, but if it doesn't work correctly I'll just keep the stockers. I don't want to keep sending it back in all the time to get it fixed. It seems these things can't handle the vibration.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have heard it is nice.... i have the custom dynamics version and it was a PIA to install..it is nice and bright and works like a champ...but where i cut open the tail light looks like i did it w/ a chainsaw :p

i have acquired a new taillight and want to have MDW make me one...(now, I just need some more mod money) :p

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Scoper50 said:
Personally I would like to know if anybody has this tail light.  I've been around for a little while and there seems to be no shortage of posts with people complaining about their integrated tail light not working properly.  I like the integrated tail light concept, but if it doesn't work correctly I'll just keep the stockers.  I don't want to keep sending it back in all the time to get it fixed.  It seems these things can't handle the vibration.
WarriorDog has it. I rode behind him and the integrated lights and the flashing brake light is nice. Bright too. I ordered mine. My tail light isn't in excellent condition so they ordered me a new one and will install the integrated turn signals and the flash alert. Should be getting it soon. It's a definite nice up grade especially if you are looking to get rid of your rear turn signals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts