RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on doing the integrated taillight through md wright, but i have a couple question. I have the rear taillight assembly (blinkers and all) off the bike. What alldo I need to send to them? Also, when I get the light back, how is it mounted? Will I have to cut the extra plastic off the original housing or do they send one that allows me to just have the light and license plate? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
EDITED: per JIHBONE

MD WrightONLY wants the Taillight andT/S's per the enclosed

http://www.flashalert.com/integratorquestions.htm

What do I need to send?
We only need the brake light assembly and the turn signal wires.

Warrior:
Include the stock rear turn signals. We will take the turn signal apart, cut the wires about 1 inch away from where the wire actually connects to the bulb (so you can go back to stock if you ever want to). We use the wires with stock connectors and return the turn signals to you with the Integrated tail light. Note. You can cut and send us the wires only if you prefer, but please do not cut where the wires go into the turn signal housing. There is about another 1-3 inch of wire that goes into the housing that we need. Cut next to the bulb connector as described above. If you no longer have the stock signals, but still have the connectors where they plugged into the main wiring harness, please include the connector. Your installation will be much nicer since everything will have factory connectors. If you no longer have the turn signals or the connectors, we can still do the installation. But you will have to hook up a couple wires with quick tap connectors that we will send. They work fine, but once again, it is a much nicer, cleaner, more professional installation if we have the stock wires with connectors.

The modified light when returned is the same physical shape as what you send back unmounted. There will be extra wires in the modified unit for the T/S's and a minature toggle switch. Suggest you visit their site for the details as i think they ship a license plate holder but i'm not sure.

You can do a inner fender chop of the OEM part per Redhorse's site or pick up an aftermarket kit such as the Yamaha or Baron IFEK. Both those kits come with T/S ears and will need to be cut off if you go in that direction.

There is a popular mods section under Arizona Warrior that might be helpful

·
Registered
71 Posts
mine is on the way back from md wright should arrive thursday, it comes with a plate bracket but people say its cheesy so better off with the barons or the yamaha one. as for sending them the unit they want the tail light and the turn signals. they want the wires from the signal so dnt cut them or they will charge u extra. i paid via online and then sent in all my parts. laura wright will contact u with most of the info and any questions u have. just dont cut any wires and youll be fine keep the original tailight plug on and disconnect the t/s with bullet connectors. alan h is the man if u have any electrical issues though

·
Registered
71 Posts
they charge me like $122 total minus my shipping cost to them. but i guess theydo the best job. warranted for life or sumthin like that.

·
Registered
787 Posts
JIHBONE said:
they charge me like $122 total minus my shipping cost to them. but i guess theydo the best job. warranted for life or sumthin like that.

Thanks. Let me know how it turns out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the taillight unplugged and both rear turn signals in a box ready to ship. I'm calling them today to get everything set up.

·
Registered
893 Posts
i'm tellin ya, you'll be very happy with MD. when you get it back, it looks OEM. i replaced my high tech speed and am very happy i switched.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
With the exception of losing the stock turn-signals and doing the mod on the plate bracket (or using the Yamaha Inner Fender Elimination Kit) it looks completely stock. this is a high quality mod done by professionals.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just mailed my taillight off today. i called and they said they no longer needed the taillights to be sent. so all that I sent was the taillight. I talked to them for a bit about business and things are very slow for them (like most everyone). They expected a 1 day turnaround which is good for me! I'll let you know when I get it back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
just installed my md wright. wow u cant even tell they worked on it!! they even fixed my busted harness for free, the tire was rubbing through the wires. the switch for the strobe is a very sturdy unit for how small it its. and the wires and resistor is top notch although the resistor could be a bitsmaller its pretty big. i had to cut the back of my barons fender eliminator to make it fit, but thats just me.now the whole back of it is wide open so i dont have to route the wires through those lil holes. plus the resistor wont fit through them anyway. very bright and the blinkers work great. like the fact that the led pattern is stock. i cant find any thing bad about this integrator imo they are the best.
and it truly is plug and play imagine that lol. oh and the stobe/flash alert feature is definitely worth it!! much more visible now. i cant say enuff good things about it, im glad c/a was outa stock now or i woulda ended up with that . between my buddies c/a and mymd wright, there is no comparison its md wright hands down. imo.

·
Administrator
29,700 Posts
LOL we've all done the same thing I think, got excited and forgot to take pics! Here's Seminole's MD Wright installed (pic stolen from one of his posts) even he forgot, so you are in good company! Someplace in here there's a pic of the MD Wright out of the box, but its unremarkable since it appears stock. Maybe that's why pics are sorta not needed for this sweet mod.

JIHBONE said:
sorry sin city i was to eager to install the light and forgot to take pics
.. maybe peters will be kind enuff to

This isn't a fair comparison because in the pic below the lights appear brighter but in the same ambient light they are closer to being the same. Anyway, this is mine with the Clear Alternatives (left signal is flashing):

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
MD Wright was the pioneer of the Integrated Tail Light System way back when and is still considered the Rolls-Royce for the Warrior. Nothing compares to it and you made the right choice. It's alsoplug-n-play and guaranteed for life(PnP)
The following is taken off their site.

What is the LED colors, brightness and locations?
We use the stock LED's, in the stock positions so it remains the same brightness as it from the factory. That way, it will not looked cobbled together. Another company installs many yellow LED's in the circuit. That sounds like a great idea, until you look at it. You can tell right away that it is not factory. The LED tail lights have Fresnell lenses, which means that they are designed for the LED's to be in exact locations for the light to refract in such a way that they are very visible. Yes, the other is visible, but it clearly shows up between the Fresnel sections, and looks out of place. Besides, many vehicles use red turn signals. With our Integrator, when the turn signal is on, it will flash from all the way off to fully bright - that way it is very visible and noticable.

Here's an early post by Darkstar from the past:

MD Wright LED Integrated Tail Light System: [url]http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/17297/290144.aspx#290144[/url]The stock taillight shown below. You can see how much better it is than the CA unit!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts