RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the sunny island of Curacao,

I'm planning to get my fist bike very soon (got tired of cars). At first I was impressed with the M109R. Then saw the Warrior and fell in love. There are a few things that play against the zuki, namely all the plastic and lack of aftermarket, but what an engine. I think I read 123Hp to the crank. That is impressive. But I can't find a stock crank Hp number for the Warrior. I remember reading somewhere around 75 Hp?? If that's the case, the Warrior needs 107 horses to get to the same power/weight ratio. Is this economically acheivable?

Also my plans are to get a 240 or 260 together with a contour fender package. Cycle Image only carries the 280 package. Can anyone point me inthe right direction to start my research?

Thanks,

Xander

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
The Warrior actually puts out approximately 75 hp at the wheel. I don't know how that figure translates to crank hp. With a few engine mods, our Warriors are easily capable of 100hp at the wheel. So, to answer your first question, yes it is economically feasable.

The fender for the 280 can still be used with the 240 & 260. I'd give any & all of our site sponsors a look. They will all be able to help.

www.cycleimage.com
www.performanceedge.us
www.gscycles.com
www.bmschoppers.com

You should email/call each of them with any questions you have. The one that you have a better rapport with is the one that you should go with. They will all be able to help you, but you should go with the one that makes you more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MD-82

Hello from the sunny island of Curacao,

I'm planning to get my fist bike very soon (got tired of cars). At first I was impressed with the M109R. Then saw the Warrior and fell in love. There are a few things that play against the zuki, namely all the plastic and lack of aftermarket, but what an engine. I think I read 123Hp to the crank. That is impressive. But I can't find a stock crank Hp number for the Warrior. I remember reading somewhere around 75 Hp?? If that's the case, the Warrior needs 107 horses to get to the same power/weight ratio. Is this economically acheivable?

Also my plans are to get a 240 or 260 together with a contour fender package. Cycle Image only carries the 280 package. Can anyone point me inthe right direction to start my research?

Thanks,

Xander

It's not all about HP. Have a look at the torque figures. Also the Warrior is probably the best handling cruiser out there so unless you just want to ride in a straight line this is worth considering.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I have a friend with the M109, and he says he can't even let go of the bars when he's riding because of the way the bike handles. I would definatly go Warrior

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,

thanks for the welcome. I know it's not all about that though. My main question actually was out of curiosity the Hp figure. My mind has actually already made up un the warrior. I'll give those guys a holler see what they have for me in due time.

Once more thanks!

Xander

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Xander, welcome to the 4UM. As I've said in the past, you'll love your Warrior and the support that comes with being a member on this 4UM.

Spend some time looking around and asking questions, you'll see how free we all are to help where we can and advise, and recommend.

Just one more on the long list of reasons to own a Warrior!

[^]

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Snyper,

I think I'll settle for 240 max. I simple fell in love with this ride and want to do something similar. I've found most items already. The wheel, tires, fender (although not cutom for a 240). Two questions I have, 1. What are the two horns on the side? 2. That fork, is it custon or are there retrofit kits available?

Xander

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/calendar/img/wallpaper1024_mcy_07_cal-jul-aug.jpg

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Badger

It's not all about HP. Have a look at the torque figures. Also the Warrior is probably the best handling cruiser out there so unless you just want to ride in a straight line this is worth considering.

Well, since he's already looking into a 240/260 I'd say handling isn't his top priority.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

Xander, to answer your other questions:
The two horns are decoration, they don't actually do anything. And the forks are after market. You can buy 6 degree triple trees for the Warrior if you want to rake it out a little bit.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. As you can see the support on this site is worth something too. I love my Warrior as you will.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly,

I want to make a nice custom cruiser out of it. Not something to go tearing up corners with. Must have some go though. The M109 was simply too massive for my taste. I'll look into those triple trees.

Xander

p.s. Conincidentally I was reading a post about taking out bikes after weeks of bad weather, I was laughing the whole time. Quick glance out the window. Light blue skies, partly cloudy, 90°F.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
welcome...
There are more powerful bikes... and there are faster bikes...
But there aren't faster, better handling cruisers.
Hands-down.
And the support at this 4m is unmatched.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Here's my personalized Warrior. I plan to do the 110ci kit. It will haul arse, look good and handle good. Mad Max lookin.

Here's the 109, it hauls arse, thats it. But a 110ci Warrior will do the same plus some. Lost in space lookin.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The "horns" on that picture are non functional. Purely for looks. I have a custom rear fender for a 240-250 rear tire. It is undrilled and will require custom fenderstays as it is 3/4" wider than stock with internal struts. I think I am going in a different direction, but if your interested PM and I will take some pictures.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah the M109 puts out crank 123hp, but you lose 19-20% at the wheel because of the shaft drive. Like most have said, modest internal mods on the warrior will get you 100hp rear wheel hp, plus the warrior is a lot lighter & better handling. Most of all, the warrior is waaaaaaay better looking. The M109 looks like something Buzz Lightyear might ride.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If only I had the bike already. Here's to hoping you still have it in a few weeks !

Thanks,

Xander

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Welcome. Nice place to live! Any short comings between the suz and the Warrior is made up by being a member of this site! I'm sure some pics from out your window would be appreciated, especially this time of year!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Just curious, you said in your first post that this would be your first bike. Have you ridden motorcycles before? How much experience do you have on a bike? The warrior and the M109 are not exactly "first bike" candidates. There have been a few that have had the warrior as their first bike, but it's not highly recommended. You might be better off getting a smaller bike to learn on, then upgrading to a warrior.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts