RS Warrior Forum banner
  • It's back! Enter your bike HERE for the Warrior of the Quarter Challenge!
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think Motorcycle online is really good, and they just had a shootout between what they call the "Godzilla" cruisers. They finished, in this order or worst to first; VTX 1800, M109, Vulcan 2000 and Harley Screamin Eagle CVO FXSTSSE tied for second and the winner was the Roadliner S. Being as that has the Roadliner has the same idea for the frame and the motor as the warrior, just with less performance, it makes a good case for the Warrior. The M109 was heavy and ungainly, as the testers seemed to all agree it just needed more refinement. As for the Warrior itself, they did a shootout last summer between power cruisers, and the warrior won that. The order that the testers rated that shootout was (worst to first) Victory Hammer, Mean Streak, V-max, Harley Street-Rod, and Warrior. I really like the opinions and methods of testing from Motorcycle online, so I think you should go Warrior. I did, and haven't looked back.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I went from a Honda CB750 chopper (zero handling and low speed, at least this one anyway) to the Warrior. Now the Honda's being reworked while I spend all my riding time on the Warrior. Except for a numb butt on the long rides (**** you stock seat! **** you to ****!) I love every minute I get on it. Best part: Impulse buy with very little research done, and I have yet to regret it! /emoticons/emotion-1.gif Get the Warrior, 'Nuff Said.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The warrior might be a tough first bike, but this girl at work had her boyfriend ship her his bike while he goes to fight in Iraq. Her only riding experience is the MSF basic course. The bike is a Ducati 750SS, and it is raced out (40K+). I am going riding with her for the first time on Saturday. Pray for us. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
26 Posts
Never road a 109 but just traded a 2006 VTX 1300C for a Warrior. The VTX was my first bike. Man I can't believe how much better the Warrior handles as well as teh overall smooth operaton of the bike. The Warrior would be a good first bike, just take it easy until you get the feel

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Wow, can't imagine the topic was still going strong. I'm finishing up my buy of a second hand Warrior. 2005 with 2,500 miles, tricky air, PCII, and much more. Hopefully all will be finalised this week and it'll be shipped over.
I now have to look for a helmet, and I wanted one of those flip up helmets. I don't think the small helmets are really usefull, and the ones wih a bit more side protection look girly / geeky. I really liked the Nolan N-102. Is there a common line in helmet use among warrior riders. Would I look stupid wearing a full helmet riding a modded cruiser?

Thanks.

Xander

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MD-82

Wow, can't imagine the topic was still going strong. I'm finishing up my buy of a second hand Warrior. 2005 with 2,500 miles, tricky air, PCII, and much more. Hopefully all will be finalised this week and it'll be shipped over.
I now have to look for a helmet, and I wanted one of those flip up helmets. I don't think the small helmets are really usefull, and the ones wih a bit more side protection look girly / geeky. I really liked the Nolan N-102. Is there a common line in helmet use among warrior riders. Would I look stupid wearing a full helmet riding a modded cruiser?

Thanks.

Xander

With the Warrior, anything goes. Since it's a cruiser, half shells look right at home. Since it rails, full face helmets look just right, too. I wear a full face.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MD-82

Alright guys, thanks. Maybe I'll buy both and wear them depending on my mood.

Xander

Yup - that's what I do - but depending on the weather. If it's unbearably hot - I'll wear my carbon half helmet...

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.