RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,
So I've purchased a new wiring harness rather than dealing with all the modifications the previous owner made to it, Im in the process of removing the old, however there are a couple of smallish connections im having trouble identifying/removing, as the are well hidden. do ya'll have any tips for removing these suckers, if i tug on them nothing really moves. trying my best not to disassemble anything unnecessary
Hand Automotive tire Finger Nail Bicycle chain

Tire Helmet Hood Automotive tire Wheel

·
Premium Member
'05 Midnight
2,960 Posts
I'll start with I am by no means an expert on the wiring harness. But, coming from any other troubleshooting perspective, there's a tough answer ahead.

You might have to start disassembling to make some room.

Hopefully, it's just to loosen a couple bolts and wiggle a part just right... fingers crossed.

Another option would be to start looking at actually disassembling the plug. I haven't gotten into our bike's harness, but while I was in the military, I replaced many a plug by removing the pins from the socket (never breaking the wires, mind you) then re-assembling the pins into the new socket and returning it to OEM status. Not sure if that's an option here but I'd investigate.

Of course, the very, VERY last option would be cut the wires. This should be the ABSOLUTE last option, ESPECIALLY on sensor wires. Getting them reassembled with OEM resistances (and therefore signal strength) can be tricky and they almost never seem to last as long as we'd like. But if ALL ELSE fails... snip snip.

Not sure if this is helpful other than to reassure you that someone is reading your post and trying their best to be of assistance.

Good luck. Keep posting updates.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea you're right, Im just buggin cause I dont want to mess any wiring up, I'm so close to flat bedding this beast to a mechanic to get this and finish up the headlight install, except the mechanic by me is so **** ornery. lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so, this is an 03 xv1700, the harness says 03 xv1700 that arrived. however different connector for whatever this connects to.. hmmm. this is from the original harness
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
this one is from the new harness
Tire Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle Gas
and there doesnt seem to be anywhere to plug this one in :(
Finger Electrical wiring Cable Electronic engineering Technology

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
XV1700pc or XV1700? They are not the same bike.
First is a Warrior. Latter is not.

Reactions: MikeAbe

·
Premium Member
9,046 Posts
This 11-Pin connector & harness fits '04' & up Warriors using the later Relay Unit. You can extract the pins and reuse your earlier plug and Relay Unit..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts