RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Mako spoiler by Christok Custom Fibreglass

Like the shark it was named after, The Mako spoiler makes your warrior look like the predator it is.

Fabricated from a concept by fellow Warrior owner and modification enthusiast GCHALIFO, this spoiler has been designed to bring maximum air to the front of your motorcycle, allow individual customization and to look like a demon from the deep.

Air scoops on the front and the bottom of the spoiler, gill like scoops on the side, optional cut-outs on the snout, as well as exhaust vents on the bottom, help suck fresh air onto your oil filter and engine base. The top section of the Mako can be custom cut to your specifications to give your bike an individual look while still feeding air to the rectifier and cylinders.

The Mako completely covers the outside of the front frame down tubes hiding tie wraps and smoothing out the front of your bike.

The Mako has hidden tie wrap anchors glassed into the spoiler to allow easy installation and removal with no showing fasteners. It also includes two aluminium brackets bolted to the rear of the spoiler, which tie wrap to the cross member under the front of the frame. To install the Mako all you have to do is attach 4 tie wraps and tighten two nylalock nuts. Removal for oil changes takes only the time to cut 4 tie wraps and loosen two nuts.

The Mako is fabricated from hand laid fibreglass matt (no chopper gun is used) and is reinforced in strategic locations with fibreglass cloth. The anchors and brackets are made from aluminium and all fasteners are stainless steel.

The Mako spoiler started as "G’s" dream. The dream was translated into a drawing, which was then molded into a custom Warrior spoiler.

If this is not your dream, remember that Christok Custom Fibreglass can mold your dream into reality.

The price is $200 shipped (Canada or 48 states US). I will ship anywhere but the price may have to be adjusted.This includes the cut-outs and the top mesh. It comes pre-sanded with a coat of automotive grade primer. Brackets and stainless steel fasteners are included. Hidden tie-wrap anchors are also included but may be replaced by a bolt-on version if so desired. The purchaser can choose which cut-outs he wants and may design his own top section cut-out.

Christok Custom Fibreglass where your dreams are molded into reality

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
You gotta be nucking futs! I figured the price would be at least $250.00 and a bargain at that!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I can't wait to see one in color. Any future plans for a front fender to compliment the spoiler, kind of like low and mean's combo? I also like the option between luvers or a mesh screen. Nice work, its too bad I pulled the trigger on the L+m combo last year when the fender came out.

I also agree with Old Man...priced to sell, benefits of a great 4m with dedicated members.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Nope, not a penny under $300 or I couldn't put it on my bike. On a serious note, I have had the Yamaha cowl on mine since May of 03. You are making me seriously consider changing.

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Oldman you have twisted my arm. Make the change, after all change is good, and I will sell it to you for $325 with an instant $200 rebate which you can keep and can use in the future for other Christok Custom Fibreglass products.You don't have to tell anyone you gotthe rebate and you will have a #325 spoiler on your bike. Also as I have mentioned in a post in the past this spoiler will make your bike goes as fast as a Midnight and makes it look like you are going so fast that cops will give you speeding tickets before you leave the driveway that isif it doesn't scare the livingdaylights out of them,

I am presently working on a front fender to respond to some of the other questions as well as a few other surprise items and some not so surprise items like a fewrear fenders and engine covers.

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
You drive a hard bargain. I just might have to look you up after the holidays.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I really like the price. Gives me something to think about. Have you considered doing a right side air scoop with raised flames? Its also nice to see a forum vendor from north of the border, shipping and duty charges can add up quickly!

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
well done Christo! Very nice launch of your product!

When mine arrives I will be basing it in Kustom Shop Tripple Black, adding the gill slits to the top and my custom camo....should be sweet!!!!!!!!!

I'll be sure to post up progress pics....

looking forward to the fenders as well!!!!!

g

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With respect to the right side air scoop, I have a cover I have started with raised or 3d flames as well as a skeleton. I am making a matching cover now for the other side. You can see this on my gallery. also my old black harley on my gallerywith the metalic gun metal grey flames has raised flames everywhere - on the tank, side panels and rear fender. If you want a scoop with raised flames this can be done. I intend to put raised/3d flames on my mini fairing and then continue the theme throughout my bike

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm leaning toward getting one of the cowls but would like to see it fully finished/painted to make a final decision. It looks real good.

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm leaning toward getting one of the cowls but would like to see it fully finished/painted to make a final decision. It looks real good

Thanks for your comments. The first one has been sent to its owner and he will post some pictures once it is completed. I would like to paint the one designated for my bike the black cherry it will eventually be however I have been keeping it aside in case there is someone who wants one as soon as possible as it takes me a week to mold, unmold, cut-out, sand,prime, make brackets etc plus shipping time and time to make the box as it is shipped in a custom made box to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. Once I get a few out of the mold then I will be able to add my 3d flames and thenpaint mine and show it on the bike. There are just too many colours of bikes around to start painting them but if you are patient I am sure one painted the colour of the owner'sbike will soon show up.

·
Registered
181 Posts
OK...I've been quietly watching this evolution from the sidelines, waiting to see the "finished" product, but I can't take it anymore...I gotta get me one! Something tells me Christo isgonna be a busy man sooner than later...Nice work. Email enroute!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Once I got it I'd have to take it to my painter to match it up with my newly painted tins. It will end up being a shade of 2010 HD black with blue and gold fine flake. I don't haveanymore infoon the paint but will in acouple weeks.I like it because it's unique and looks good. Keepup the good work. I'll PM you with more information when I'm ready. I'll probably jump on it in Jan/Feb after the holidays and a few more paychecks! By then maybe someone will post up a painted pic. Really interested though!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Christok said:
I'm leaning toward getting one of the cowls but would like to see it fully finished/painted to make a final decision. It looks real good

Thanks for your comments. The first one has been sent to its owner and he will post some pictures once it is completed. I would like to paint the one designated for my bike the black cherry it will eventually be however I have been keeping it aside in case there is someone who wants one as soon as possible as it takes me a week to mold, unmold, cut-out, sand,prime, make brackets etc plus shipping time and time to make the box as it is shipped in a custom made box to keep the shipping costs as low as possible. Once I get a few out of the mold then I will be able to add my 3d flames and thenpaint mine and show it on the bike. There are just too many colours of bikes around to start painting them but if you are patient I am sure one painted the colour of the owner'sbike will soon show up.

Speaking as someone who wants one as soon as possible...if you're serious, I'll take it!

PM sent.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
A bump for this product! And a few more pics here : http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/159652.aspx

I have to say I was impressed with how this fit when Christo brought it by . I took my Yamaha cowl (with brackets) off and set this big cowl in place ... and without it's lower bracket even attached , all it took was the slightest bit of pressure with a finger up top ( or 1 little piece of green masking tape... as seen in the pics) and this sat strongly in place . It just moulds itself to the frame !

Well done !!

·
Premium Member
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the comments Bruce and now it looks even better as the cut-outs have been all cut out properly and sanded. It does indeed cover the frame and hides the tie wraps and welds found on the front frame downtubes.

By the wayI will ship anywhere, all you have to do is pay the shipping. This includes Australia and even Canada LOL

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I received my Mako Chin Spoiler today and i'll have to say Christo, very good job.Thank you.The workmanship is outstanding.It was worth the shipping fee. You packaged it great.No problems with it.I'll have to get started painting it.I'll post a pic as soon as I am done.Christok does super work,and goes that extra mile to make sure you are satisfied.Kudos man.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts