RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with these aftermarket tail n signal light have trouble with the mounting structure breaking?

Mine is stage 4 n vibrates n shakes back there alot. License plate jumping etc 馃檮

I've gone through a couple now.

Thinking about cleaning up n using tough velcro

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Captain Bob Steer

Let's get through this as the number 1 team. Proud of British Columbia and especially Vancouver Island.

Premium Member
I use 3M double-sided tape. Works well, assuming you clean the surfaces well with alcohol.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using Tapatalk

Administrator
Some of the aftermarket tail lights are slightly different and cannot accept the trim-ring that fills the gap on the stock one. If you look closely at the parts diagram on-line you will see that filler. Without it, the light vibrates significantly.

On some aftermarket tail lights the trim ring can be slightly shaved to fit. On others it cannot.

If you use velcro, maybe some will fit into the gap to help.

One other thing, cutting the plastic inner-fender does not provide adequate support for a licence plate and frame and license plate light. The only part that really supports everything is the discontinued Yamaha Inner Fender kit, its steel and its solid. Its split top and bottom, most of us installed just the bottom (so no license plate light) which was one manufacturer design intent.

I wonder if Christo ever developed an inner-fender solution that is stable and allows use of the stock tail light's filler trim. Heck plus a carbon fiber copy of the bottom half of the Yamaha inner-fender kit would be useful.

Premium Member

Premium Member
The original Redhorse rear fender MOD has been a staple on this site for years and is less likely to fail than the Yamaha steel IFEK with those members running a Phat tire kit, 31T front pulley and a lowered bike unless of course the Yami Aftermarket part has been modified and the T/S ears have been removed ;) 鈥. ask me how I know!

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
That's all great information folks.

I ended up using strong velcro and rubber washers on the screws.

Cheers,
Bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts